“Disappointed”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 86 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meyers Road
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went because of Landry Select members. We've been to many Landry's restaurants around the country including a very nice experience at a McCormick & Schmick in NYC. This was far and away the lesser experience. Food was marginal - calamari was disappointing - neither menu or waiter mentioned that the dish would be 3/4th peppers and vegetables. The small amount of calamari served was OK, but nothing to brag about. The crab and corn chowder could have come from a can. The beets and bib lettuce salad was the star - I'd give it a 7 out of 10. The waiter was WAY too pushy and liked hearing himself talk way too much - not helpful at all. We got a few more Landry points, but sure won't be using them back here! There are many better restaurants around here - wish we would have gone to one.

1  Thank Wrightway4010

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

After a year of raving we about the food I finally decided to go with wife out of all times on our anniversary to the worst of there chain in the Midwest horrible service and no chef more like a short order cook. Just a horrible experience from beginning to end!

1  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know what to say, I was shocked at the poor level of service and amazed by the poor attitudes. I arrived with 4 colleagues after work and we sat in the bar a good 10 minutes before anyone even stopped to acknowledge our presence however the hostess, bartender and what was apparently a manager looked at us when we entered the establishment, they just continued their conversation amongst themselves. After frequenting the M&S in STL and the amazing service and quality food provided there I was absolute shocked with my experience at M&S in Chicago. Will not visit this one again.

1  Thank MarkMcGhee
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have not been to a McCormick & Schmick's in a number of years, but it was my mother in law's birthday and she loves seafood. I was looking forward to the 12 assorted oyster plate, but there were only 5 on the menu and they did not allow mix & match as they were different prices.

The seafood options were all the run of the mill stuff, each and every item something I could buy at Costco and cook myself. The special was halibut, which my husband got, and it was thin and not as good as the piece I have sitting in the fridge from Costco. I got half dozen oysters (they were OK) & buttermilk fried shrimp (no fish that even tempted me) and fries (no better than Cracker Barrel for 1/3 the price). My mother in law got a crab and avocado appetizer (she said the crab had no taste).

The waiter was an older gent and nice but I doubt he had ever waited before. Service was very slow. They did NOT have the beer (on the menu) that my husband wanted. They did not bring the bread until we asked (I wanted it with my oysters, had one left when we got it). Knives were not replaced and waiter disappeared.

The shame was it was almost empty so there is no excuse for this! There was 1 couple (at the table RIGHT next to us) and I think about 3 other parties scattered around. I guess THAT should have been a sign on a Friday (fish) night!

What really was the kicker was that when I made the reservation THEY asked me if this was a celebration and I said yes, my mother in law's 87th birthday. Well, I guess being overwhelmed with at least 5 tables of people in a gigantic restaurant left NO time to remember that. NOT that we really wanted anything, but THEY asked, I did not bring it up!

Bad service and forgetting the celebration aside, the food was way, way overpriced for what it was, and the selection mundane. We will NEVER go to one again! EVER!!!

3  Thank NBortz
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Even tho we made reservations and the restaurant was not crowded, we were led to a booth next to the kitchen and across from a table of toddlers. Very, very slow service. They were out of the swordfish so tried the Chilean sea bass on the waiter's recommendation. It was different (in a good way) and at least it was moist. My mahi mahi was very dry. The chocolate espresso cake is ridiculously large--it can feed 5 at least! $115 for 2 entrees, 3 beers, 1 shared dessert plus tip is too much for a mediocre meal. At least the decor (beveled glass and mirrors) was pretty to look at.