“Nice atmosphere.”

Redstone American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Redstone American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Butterfield and 22nd St.
“Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was our first time dining at Redstone. The atmosphere and ambiance were very nice. The filet was excellent and my fiance enjoyed the wood-fired pork tenderloin. The only downside was the lackluster service. Although our server was very nice, she was a very infrequent visitor and at one point, after an extended time with our appetizers, we had to ask her if we could order our main course.

• Visited September 2012

Mount Sinai, New York
“Had An Excellent Lunch!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Was in town for a business, and the people I was meeting with took me here for lunch. Nice place! It's clean, friendly, and has a nice atmosphere. The menu has quite a bit of variety to please pretty much every taste. There were five of us at our table ... everyone had something different to eat ... and ... all seemed to enjoy their meal. I had a house salad with sliced chicken breast, and everything was extremely fresh. Glad we went here, and I happily recommend it!

• Visited August 2012
“Good food; nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Good food. Live music on patio; nice atmosphere. The rotisserie chicken was very good, so was the seared ahi appetizer.

Chicago
“Great food - a bit hard to find”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Redstone American Grill is tucked in amongst office buildings and a wee bit hard to find if you have not been there before which I had not. I got mixed responses to my suggestion of Redstone for a lady's outing - some friends saying it is absolutely terrific and others saying that it is a place where men are trolling for their next conquest. Fortunately, we experienced the former and not the latter! Redstone does have an extensive bar that looked like quite the popular after-work hang-out but the dining area was quite ambient and free of trollers. We started with the special flatbread appetizer topped with salmon, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped asparagus and feta cheese and ate every morsel. I ordered the pan-seared sea bass and have to say it is the most delicious preparation of sea bass that I have ever had - absolutely melted in my mouth. The stir-fried vegetables came with a delicious Asian sesame viaigrette and basmati rice pilaf. My dinner companion had the simple grilled fish and was delighted with it. We enjoyed our appetizer and entrees so much that we could not resist ordering the chocolate cake to share. We are glad we ordered just one as the portion is incredibly generous. We each had some and still had a large slice to take home. I'm looking forward to returning to the Redstone American Grill. Definitely recommended!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jewelsworld
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Tasty seafood (and steaks) at Landlocked Oak Brook”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Redstone is a busy (parking lot full at 8 PM) , dark well-run restaurant that delivers delicate halibuts and precisely grilled steaks. Seating inside was no problem even without a reservation. The outdoor patio requires a wait. Inside it's a bit too noisy for me. Redstone management believes that noise makes for heightened appetites, but it's difficult to even hear the waitress. We tried the halibut )so delicate and perfect) and flank steak from the "specials." Excellent choices. On a previous visit I tried the Opoo Zinfandel by the glass, and even at $14 a glass, it's excellent. Would return.

• Visited May 2012