“Great hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
Reviewed November 13, 2010

This hotel is excellent! The lobby is very cool with its changing light emitting diode tones. The rooms are very nice and very nicely updated. They have plenty of light, large windows and very nice climate control. The bathroom is also very nice with plenty of light, however the showerhead is very low so if you are tall it will be a problem. I really enjoyed the coffee and tea that was provided. It was high quality and tasted great. This hotel is also in a very nice location right off the expressway and right across the street from Oak Brook Center Mall, a very upscale and nice mall with many cool shops. The food at this hotel is also very good. Both our dinner and breakfast were excellent and it tasted great and had a great variety. The free wi-fi is also a very nice plus. Overall, this hotel was excellent and I certainly hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
dwichers, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, I’m very pleased we meet your expectations and look forward to your future stay. We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for staying with us and again thank you for your valuable feedback.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Spent the weekend for a class reunion, and also a small family reunion. We were treated very courteously by everyone associated with the hotel, from the moment we arrived until the time we left 4 days later. Bedding was the most comfortable we've ever
had. When we had to change location for our family reunion, we were offered a private dining room and all the attention as if it were a banquet.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
dwichers, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Reviewed October 16, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed here for a weekend to get away from the kids.

The Location is GREAT! The Oakbrook Mall is right across the street and there is plenty of great restuarants very close by (Within walking distance)

As for the Hotel, it is VERY outdated. Blue Carpet, Gold Curtain, furniture that doesn't match and a tiny bath room.

The workout room was "ok". It appears they just purchased 8-10 brand new treadmills. The pool seemed very large and clean.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
dwichers, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Reviewed September 21, 2010

First imressions were sub par - 2 very noisy conventions staying there, room not available till 4pm, hotel slightly tired , small fitness center etc. HOWEVER, the service is good, I got a rate reduction and a bottle of wine for my room being not ready, and the facilities are very acceptable - free parking, great wifi and a good location with a big mall just across the street. V helpful staff, so it gets a THUMBS UP.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank evelyninhouston

Reviewed September 2, 2010

The hotel is a standard Doubletree by Hilton.
Nice big room, great bed and pillows.
Acceptable bathroom and amenities.
Room service is fast and correct.
The sports bar is a great place to be after work.
The pool and gym are well equipped and nice.
Reception staff is helpful and they smile a lot.
The breakfast is not worth the price and even less when you think that there is a corner bakery right in front of the hotel at the mall (2 minutes away)
The mall in front of the hotel is a very good place for shopping and we had a lot of fun in there.
It is far from Chicago though.
If you are visiting chicago I would not recommend it but if you are travelling to the Oak Brook area or you need a nice place to stop over on your way to somewhere else this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I've spent a career staying in 3.5-4 star business class hotels and this Doubletree is among the best. Great location if the family comes along as there is a mall and great dining options within walking distance(at least in good weather) and less than an hour to downtown. As said in other reviews, it isnt ideal for a 'base' for a Chicago trip but perfect for the Western Suburbs and fine for a daytrip into the city.
The staff here went way out of their way to make our group stay ideal, special nod to the staff at the Atrium court. The hotel was spotless, but slightly dated.

Whatever you are doing, you are doing it right. Will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Missika
dwichers, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I stayed at the Doubletree Chicago Oak Brook for three nights while attending an on-site conference. The conference center itself was a little bleak, located in the basement with no natural light. The rest of the hotel, however, was nice. My room was clean and of good size. The bed was ok, though the mattress was a little soft for my taste. There was ample light for reading, both in the easy chair and in bed. The free internet in the room and conference center worked fine. The TV was a now-old-fashioned tube model. The bathroom had plenty of room and all the fixtures worked properly. I read here on TA about folks being bothered by noisy guests in the hallway, but I didn't experience this at all, though I will note that my room was away from the elevators and my stay wasn't over a weekend. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. One day I forgot to remove the "do not disturb" sign from my door. When I returned at lunch time, I found a note under my door asking me to call to set up a convenient time for cleaning. I called and my room was cleaned later in the day. (I've made the same mistake at other hotels and have simply been ignored--the housekeeping staff was probably happy to service one fewer room. So, this experience at Doubletree Oak Brook was refreshing [pun intended]). My conference group ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurant. The food and service were fine.

The hotel is located about a half hour cab ride from O'Hare. Nothing but the Oak Brook Center, an upscale mall, seems to be nearby. The mall is across the street although the sidewalk configuration makes getting there a bit round-about. The mall has several sit-down restaurants, which was great because it allowed us a different dining option each night without having to travel. I didn't head into Chicago though one of my colleagues did. The trip was about an hour each way by train.

All in all, the Doubletree Oak Brook is a good place to stay. I think it's too far from downtown Chicago to use as a base for a trip with the primary purpose of touring the city (but it's fine to make a one-time trip into the city as my colleague did). It's certainly fine for those attending a conference at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
dwichers, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2010

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for choosing us for your lodging needs during your conference. We look forward to seeing you again if your travel plans bring you back to the Chicago area.

Scott Reuland

The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!