Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
$88
BestWestern.com
$86
1,054 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesacross the streetsports barparking garagebreakfast buffet isgift shopbusiness centershuttle serviceroom was clean and comfortableupon checkshopping mallbusiness tripenjoyed my stayfamily reunionvery nice hotelnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stayed here on a Sat night with our young children for a leisurely weekend at nearby Brookfield Zoo.
First the "positives":
-Good location across from the huge Oak Brook Center with many good eating options and upscale shopping
-Rooms and public areas were standard Doubletree fare and were clean
-Very comfortable beds
-Pool area was average size for this sort of hotel and water temp was acceptable(I would have liked it warmer but I like pools very warm)
-Good prices available at their website. We booked connecting rooms and for about $109 we got one room with free breakfast and other room for same price had a $25 gas card. Quite a deal
Now for the bad and unacceptable:
-Walls are paper thin. We could hear our neighbors come in at 4:30am including being able to hear their radio and phone ring
-There was a wedding reception(maybe 2?) going on. Starting at about 10 pm and going on every 20-30 minutes until literally 4:30am there were very drunk people getting off the elevator(about 6 rooms down) who were loud and disruptive. We're talking foul mouthed,hostile, fall down drunk people yelling down the halls,yelling at each other,stumbling around trying to find their rooms. I was afraid one of them would bang on our children's door and frighten them. At one point one drunk sounded very threatening to another drunk in the hall and I was afraid there was going to be a brawl outside our door(or worse!). We called the front desk 5(count 'em) times. They would send security up when they were available but one time there was apparently noone available but the front desk guy . The problem obviously never got fixed and went on most of the night(4:30am). While the front desk people seemed sorry, they never made any offer to comp our room. On the 5th call I told them we were absolutely not going to pay for a room when we weren't getting any sleep and they promised to pass it on to the front desk manager in the am. When I talked to her she was quite apologetic and indicated the situation had gotten completely out of hand and that many others had complained too. At one point we were told that they normally try to keep wedding guest blocks separate from others and weren't sure why we had been put near some. She did write off the charges for one room but our relaxed visit to the zoo was transformed into an effort since my husband and I got about 2 hours of sleep.
This isn't the first time we've been awakened by loud guests at a hotel but never has it gone on all night in such an unrelenting fashion. The situation could have been avoided by any of the following:
-closing down 1 floor for exclusive use of the wedding guests
-limit total number of alcoholic drinks that can be served at a reception based on number of guests(is it in anyone's best interests to have this many drunks unleashed on the world at one time?)
-charge the wedding for security(or use the considerable profits that must have been made by selling that much alcohol) such that a security person could have been placed on any floor where there were disturbances for the whole night
Doubletree, I'm a Hilton Honors member-are you listening?

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2008

My wife an I stayed here for three nights to attend a wedding. The location was great for us. It is very easy to find and get to major roads to head in any direction.

The hotel is clean and well kept. The bed was very comfortable. No complaints from the maid service at all.

We didn't eat at the main restaurant but did spend some time in the sports bar where service was excellent and appetizers were delicious.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Wow! For once a hotel that delivered on its promise!

Kind and friendly management, smooth-as-silk check in.

Comfortable room, super-clean, with wonderful bedding. I slept like a rock!

Pool area and gym were clean and inviting.

The mall is NOT within easy walking distance. It is a short hike across the parking lots and side roads. It is do-able.

My AAA membership got me free breakfast.

Only good things to say!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for a weekend getaway. The cab ride is a flat rate of $40 one way from/to O'Hare. The hotel is beautiful and it is about 10 mins from the train station. We were told that the hotel shuttle wouldn't take us to the train station because it was out of the 5 mile radius but when we came back on the train the shuttle was there at the station and we were about to get a ride back to the property. Otherwise a 1 cab way ride to/from the train station is $15. The room was nice, the bed was very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant Anthony's and that was the best steak I have ever tasted! The service however was terrible! The WORST service I have EVER had. The waitstaff was slow and got my order wrong, I never did receive my appetizer. All this for an $80 dinner.

Overall it was a good experience but next time I will stay closer to the city.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Stayed here over the October 17-19 weekend with my wife and teenage daughter. This is a great property if your focus is on a very clean, comfortable hotel in an outstanding location. We did not spend much time in the room as we were out exploring Chicago and shopping at the mall across the street. The room was a good size and very clean. The beds were double beds, rather than queen-size. The bedding was exceptionally comfortable. The bathroom was a typical hotel bathroom and was immaculately clean. Parking was free in the convenient attached garage. We booked with our AAA card and received free breakfasts in the cafe. It is a step up from the typical free breakfast at most hotels. We will stay here again when coming to the Chicago area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family