“Double Tree Oak Brook”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Bolivar, United States
“Double Tree Oak Brook”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

A good hotel with great customer service. Rooms where well kept and organized. The toilet was 3 inches from the tub though and the shower was a trickle. I understand water conservation but I don't want to take a 30 min shower to get clean. Other than that you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Matthew P,

Thank you for choosing us, and for taking time to give your feed back. We really appreciate the kind words, and did change the shower head in the room in which you stayed.

Thanks again, and come back and see us any time you are in the area.

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed 4 nights for a convention. Very friendly staff in all departments. Clean rooms!! Workout area was kept clean with good equipment to use. Excellent shopping and restaurants right across the street. Easy on and off the major highways. We would stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Chad N,

What a great conference for us to host! We do have a great work out facility, with indoor pool and hot tub, which is far more than typical for most hotels.

Thank you for the kind words, and for sharing your experience.

Evansville, IN, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I recently spent 4 days at the Double Tree in Oak Grove attending a hobby convention. The staff was amazingly attentive and helpful. A word to the staff or a quick phone call to the front desk was all that was ever needed. In the 4 days I spent there, I never needed to leave the hotel for anything. Clean and comfortable!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Peter T,

It is fantastic to hear how well the team performed over your four day stay! The Hotwheels convention was really cool, and it was a pleasure hosting.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Although ir was one of the coldest Aprils in 20 years, the staff was very warm and cordial. Housekeeping gets my very top marks. My thanks to Marina especially. Unless you absolutely have to eat in the hotel, I would pass. The quality of the food was barely average and very expensive. However, they have the best tasting coffee in the rooms that I have run across in years. Luckily there was a McDonald's across the street and a Denny's down the road for most of my meals. Not having been to this area before, I can do no comparison to any Hotel/Motel in the area. However, if I have to go back, I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Douglas A,

We appreciate your business, and would look forward to having you back as our guest. I think we are all glad to see this winter end. Safe travels, and thank you for your feedback.

Reinbeck, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

While front desk personnel went above and beyond for our comfort and needs, the bell captain or lack of one was very disgusting. They were ingrates, they were not helpful but for one. I had to literally wave my hand in the face of one of them to get his attention though I was standing four feet in front of him - he didn't want to acknowledge me or my needs. Inadequate number of luggage carts and no control system for checking them out. Maid service was excellent!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Steve T,

So thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We have met with the bell staff both individually, and as a group. This is not how we do business, and take your comments very seriously.

tuttle, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

toilet barley flushed. Some said on the toilet the flush handlde was broken.The Shower pull was so hard I couldnt pull it to get the shower to work. Some people said their shower pull was broken. The bar had great food but LACK of workers. Couldnt get menu,, then asked for things I just didnt get. Not sure I would come back there. Bellmen were polite. For the price of the rooms I would expect BETTER stuff. Would NOT come back unless the hotwheels Nationals was there,, then I would have to think about it

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Mary N,

We were able to get into that room, and fix the issues you experienced. Thank you for letting us know, as this is not up to our standards of service and quality, for sure.

We did get slammed in Foxes Sports Grille, and for that, I am sorry. We just couldn't keep up that night with over 500 Hot Wheels conventioneers. We are are all truly sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Higginsville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

In entering the lobby you get the impression of a luxurious hotel. The rooms are very nice and the bed was comfortable and the room was large. The breakfast buffet is awful. It is way over priced and the quality of food is horrendous. We had toilet problems but they were quickly fixed. The water pressure is not good at all. Parking is the biggest downfall of the hotel. The parking garage spaces are very small and it is hard to pull in and out. I am not sure I would stay here again for the high price I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Jeff & Laura R,

I am terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly the next time you are in Oak Brook, as the entire team would like to have the opportunity to get it right.

My cell phone is 630 715-9211, please give me a call, should you return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!