Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
BestWestern.com
$86
Travelocity
1,054 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesacross the streetsports barparking garagebreakfast buffet isgift shopbusiness centershuttle serviceroom was clean and comfortableupon checkshopping mallbusiness tripenjoyed my stayfamily reunionvery nice hotelnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had a one night stay in October. The room was very clean and furnishings were fine. As several people noted - the hotel is quiet and offered good night of sleep. The common areas are also well kept. I thought the room was small for this specific brand. Service was friendly and accommodating. Nothing very notable to mention. Close the the McDonald's corporate Plaza and the Oak Brook Center/Mall.

I'll give another plug for customer service. After arriving to my room, the room type was not what I reserved. A quick call the the front desk and I had a new room assignment. They ran the key up to the new room and met me at the door. Thanks :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

jra3,

Thank you for staying with us, and for the kind words about the service from the team. We do offer a number of various room types and styles. For a larger room I suggest the king no balcony rooms.

Have a fantastic holiday season!

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times over the past year and I always look forward to coming back. The hotel is located very close to my office in Oak Brook and directly across the street from the Oak Brook Center and some restaurants but there is no road noise. The hotel is just on the edge of being "dated", but the staff is always friendly and professional and the rooms are always fully clean. It is a busy hotel, so there is foot traffic, but the type of guests here tend to be quieter than other hotels I've stayed at (I've never heard drunk college aged or seen a child running around at this one). I enjoy all the perks this hotel has for the upper tiers of the Hilton Honors program, like free breakfast, free fitness center, and some room upgrades. There is also a running path nearby...for those 3 months above freezing in Chicagoland.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ILiveOutofaSuitcase

jILiveOutofaSuitcase,.

Thank you for sharing the experience of your stays with us. It really does carry more weight when someone who lives out of a suitcase says such kind words about the team, the location, and the services.

From all of us here we truly appreciate your loyalty, and keeping us all working!!

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here for Thanksgiving. The Front Desk Team was very friendly and gracious - a testament to their work ethic since working on such a major Holiday. The Atrium restaurant Team was awesome. Great service and food for Dinner and Breakfast. Loved the beautifully decorated Christmas Tree in the Lobby. Also, the popcorn in the bar was a nice touch. Last but not least, the cookies were delicious. Will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Madeline T,

Thank you for spending your Thanksgiving here with us, and thank you for pointing out the team who was here working on the holiday.

It's not easy to be away from family on holidays, while it seems like everyone else is home eating and watching football, and we in the business are working. That said, it's really cool when someone truly appreciates the commitment.

Come back and see us any time.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

With all the other hotels in the area, pick one with better ammenities and do your research. No refrigerator. Only 3 towels. Smelly room. Small rooms. Definitely not what I expected from a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Tony C,

I saw your feedback on our internal service scoring, and have already reviewed with the team our mistake in putting you next to rooms we were painting. We are also always happy to provide any extra towels, amenities, or anything else you might need to make your stay more comfortable. I am sorry we did not communicate that.

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, and truly appreciate your taking the time to give us straightforward feedback.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for three days. It was my first visit and a very pleasant experience. The hotel was calm and peaceful. Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. The complimentary wifi throughout the hotel was a big plus. The restaurant had some vegetarian options and were willing to adapt dishes on the menu to vegetarian meals. The warm chocolate cookies offered on arrival (great idea) had eggs and vegetarians like myself would appreciate an eggless cookie alternative.
I would also suggest that they adopt a similar chit system as the Hilton Miami Airport for guests who qualify for complimentary bottles of water. (They give you a chit on arrival so you can just use the bottled water in your room and leave the chit in its place. You don't have to ask for the water). It was very convenient to have a good shopping mall right opposite the hotel - a 5 minute walk. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Netsanet,

Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to give us some great feedback. We have actually refined our processes with you insight, and really appreciate the assist!

Safe travels and we look forward to having you back as our guest.