“Nice place in upscale area”

Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Kendall Park, NJ, United States
“Nice place in upscale area”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Oct 2013 Great location for getting into Chicago or heading to outer suburbs. Oakbrook is a wonderful shopping experience. Even though the hotel does not have a spa, the shopping area has two spas (one right accross the street), and a nail salon next to nearby Nordstroms. Breakfast may be extra but the buffet is a good value and the food is really wonderful. ps, no minibar or frig in the room we were in. Not sure if other rooms have it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
John G,

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel, breakfast, and the area. We do offer fantastic packages that include our DoubleTree breakfast, which I agree is really good.

We appreciate your business, and look forward to having you back as our guest.

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2013

very small rooms, no microwave nor refrigerator in room,when i called front desk about it they said it would be $30 to bring a refrigerator up to my room,mini ice bucket couldnt even put a can of pop in it, the only reason i pick this hotel cause it was with hilton honors, we do weekend getaways once a month and this was they worst hotel i pick ever.THIS HOTEL IS SO OUTDATED.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank PatriotsNE
PatriotsNE,

Our HHonors program is one of the best in the business, and thank you for your loyalty to the brand. We do have a number of room types that offer refrigerators and microwaves.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you like to give us another try.

Suburbs of Detroit Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This Hotel was built in the 70's but the rooms have been re-modeled.However the plumbing is still old so the bathtub/shower drained super slow. The plastic knob for the faucet broke off in my hand as I turned it on the 1st time. The rooms look nice, the linens are nice but the pillows on the bed are very hard... may be some kind of memory foam. The employees are very friendly and helpful.Breakfast buffet is just ok, coffee is absolutely HORRIBLE but the orange juice is fresh squeezed and tastes fantastic! Location is convenientbeing near shopping and the highway as well as fairly close to downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
14HOCKEYMOM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your visit. We did, with your help, get the items in the room repaired. Thank you for your kind words about the team, and we are in the process of changing our coffee provider.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Salem, Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I just finished a stay from Sunday night to Friday morning as I was in town for business. The hotel itself is nice. When you first check in they offer you cookies, but in order to get more while you are there you must visit the front desk and ask. They do not put them out like I have seen at Holiday Inn Expresses. The room itself was ok. To be honest I was disappointed, but it was sufficient. The bathroom was fine, but the room itself was small. There was no couch or chair to relax in, only a desk with a desk chair. The television was roughly 42" and had High Def which was nice. The wireless in the room was actually pretty good for a hotel. When I booked they were out of standard rooms, so I had to get one with a balcony for $10 more a night. This was a rip off, while there was a balcony, there was not a great view or any furniture on the balcony.

Perhaps the worst part was the room temperature, I could not get the room to cool down properly. This led to not getting much sleep.

When visiting the area again, I would probably look somewhere else. Here is a video review of the room I posted to Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--_pLPxb1wY

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
TommyC365,

I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your air conditioning. We have fixed the issue, and i am sorry it impacted your rest.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Chihuahua, Mexico
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stay here mainly because this Hotel belongs to Hilton brand, was new for me but was a nice surprise that the Hotel was excellent in service & accomodations..good service and not any problem during check in-check out.. A very good option for next travels with good prices.

Guadalupe R,

Thank you for being our guest! With the holiday season coming up, we are an even better location for all of you shopping needs. We offer complimentary shuttle service to all of the best shopping in the neighborhood, including free parking and great prices. Why go downtown?

lotus, CA
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at this property for seven consecutive nights. I will start with the positives: welcome cookie, nicely decorated room/lobby, white linens and comfy bed/pillows, good in-room coffee with liquid creamer, great toiletries, nice side chair and desk chair, quiet heating/AC unit, containers for recycling and good housekeeping. However, there were many negatives. We have had many Bid Your Own Price hotels over the last 10 years with mostly positive experiences, but this was the exception. We were given a wheelchair accessible room which meant the closet and towel bars were low, bathroom had no shelving space for personal sundries or tissue, and worst was the water ran out of the shower so floormat got soaked. In addition, there was no safe or refrigerator. Also unpleasant was the AC fan blew directly on my head while sleeping. What I liked the least was the low water pressure in the shower. When I inquired about it at the front desk, I was told all rooms had eco-friendly nozzles. However, I have low flow ones in my home, and still have good pressure. Also, I was told upon check-in that we had a king bed room. When I called down to tell them the bed was not kingsize, I was ASSURED it was a king. I guess Chicagoland has a different measuring system because my bed was 60 inches wide; clearly a queen. If walking is an issue, you might have a problem with the layout as it is a long walk from parking to the elevator bank and might be a long walk from the elevator to your room depending upon location. There are four long wings radiating out from a center area. However, it was very nice to have a parking garage because this area can experience severe weather in winter or summer.

Room Tip: If walking is an issue choose a room closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
dawnlotus,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. I realize that staying in an accessible room can prevent challenges. I do recommend always booking directly with the hotel, or our web site, as the best possible choice for a specific room type, as the web site you chose does not guarantee one of our many different rooms will be available to you.

Thank you again for sharing your insight, and for being our guest.

Renton, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not bad to stay here in Oak Brook. I like warm cookies (you get one at check in). I did not have time to stop for complimentary breakfast. Hotel is a little bit dated but clean. Like most hotels the hallway sound is important, I did not have a lot of people staying around me so I did not have much. Thank you DT.

Elmer T,

The warm chocolate chip cookie with walnuts is a nice way to check in! Thank you for the comments about how clean our hotel is. We are all proud of the efforts we put in to ensure that each room, and all of our public space, is clean and fresh at all times.

We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!