“Good for a Good sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Aventura, Florida
“Good for a Good sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Very good hotel for business travelers that don't need to be in downtown Chicago.
The hotel is very comfortable and the service is very good.

There is a mall just across the street (shuttle from the hotel included) with several options for lunch/dinner.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dwichers, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
We are so pleased to hear that you had a restful night’s sleep in our hotel during your business trip. We thank you for pointing out our free local shuttle. It is a service that the Doubletree Chicago Oak Brook is proud to provide. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I have stayed here several times for business. My employer's home office is in Oak Brook. During previous stays the rooms were clean. This time when I arrived there was hair in the sink and in the bottom of the tub. The overhead entry light was also burnt out.
The light was never replaced. When I mentioned the conditions of my room I found out from two of my co-workers that their bathrooms were also dirty.

I left a comment card and indicated that I wanted someone from the hotel to follow up with me about my experience. I stayed in March and I haven't received any communication from the hotel.

I shared my experience with the home office. This year's conference is not being held at this hotel and it has been instead moved to the Marriott Resort in Oak Brook.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is truly disappointing to hear that we did not make your stay at our hotel enjoyable especially after several good stays you had in the past. We would have welcomed the opportunity to address the issues and live up to the high standards you had previously experienced while staying at our hotel. We value your past business and regret that we were not given the opportunity to address the issues you experienced during your stay.
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I usually stay at another Hilton-owned facility nearby,but opted to try the Doubletree. Although the public areas of the hotel look fresh, if generic, I found the rooms to be cramped if you're staying more than one night. There's no mini-bar, and while I don't care about the drinks, I missed having a small fridge available to chill water or soft drinks.

The bed was about average. There's a single chair in the corner of the room, a desk and chair, and that's about it. If you're there more than a night, as I was, you'll start to feel claustrophobic. By the way, the walls of the hotel are THIN!! Remember the Paul Simon song called "Duncan"? It starts out "Couple in the next room, bound to win a prize, they've been going at it ..." You get the point. And at the Doubletree Oak Brook, you'll HEAR it all ... so be prepared for a possible x-rated adventure.

The bathroom is generic hotel, but features Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, which are nice. Dry cleaning is listed as "Gift Shop" on the receipt, so if you get reimbursed for cleaning on the road, better keep something to explain that you're not trying to claim a teddy bear as an expense.

If you're on a lower floor and trying to leave around 8am, expect full elevators so give yourself an extra 10 minutes to deal with the congestion. The side door out to the parking lot that says it's locked at 11pm was never locked then, and carpet cleaning seemed a little chancey over there.

Overall, pretty average.

Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We encourage our guests to share with us any issues they may encounter during their stay so we can address them immediately and create a more positive experience. It is disappointing to learn that we did not meet your expectations but appreciate the detailed feedback you have shared. Thank you for the opportunity to clarify that the mini-refrigerators are available in our suites.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

Comfortable rooms & bed with an attentive staff for holding a weekend business meeting. Great for shopping & dining close-by.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for allowing the Doubletree Chicago Oak Brook to help you with your weekend business meeting and we are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to assisting you in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel when I was here for a work seminar in the same hotel. The first room I checked into on the 2nd floor was not the greatest. There was no hot water when I went to take a shower and there seemed to be a "dead zone" for my cell phone. I called down to the front desk and they promptly moved me and even had someone deliver my new key. I moved to a higher floor and was very pleased with the new room- lots of HOT water!! Overall, this is a nice, clean hotel. If I was in town on business again, I'd stay here.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
We’re so glad that our staff was able to rectify the issues with your room and create a positive experience during your business stay with us. Thank you for the great review of the Doubletree Chicago Oak Brook. We look forward to your visit on your next business trip!
mke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have stayed here before, and was upgraded to the executive wing. This time, I was not and it was just ho-humm. I wasnt blown away at all. It was just an OK hotel. The Tv's were updated. But the rooms look just like as the pictures look.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Executive Wing
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate that you enjoyed our Executive Level accommodations upgrade on your past visit and wish we had the availability to do it again on your return visit. Should that level of accommodations best suit your needs, we hope that during your reservation process you will request it to better assure receiving the room you enjoyed most. Thank you for your input and review.
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel is located right across the street from the shopping mall in the suburbs of Chicago. The hotel has both covered and open parking. Upon arrival, it's apparent that the property is aging and is in need of a remodel sooner rather than later.

The lobby and public areas used to be luxurious, very 80-90s style. During check-in, the agent was friendly and provided breakfast coupons for being Gold VIP with Hilton Honors. Both high-speed internet and parking were free. The warm cookie at check-in was definitely a nice touch.

As a Gold VIP, I was upgraded to a room in the Executive Wing of the top level, to ensure privacy and security. The executive wing had a separate computer center and the rooms were super quiet.

The HVAC unit was centrally controlled and built into the wall for whisper-quiet operation. The wallpaper in the room and bathroom were slowly peeling and hot water was definitely lacking at the sink.

The mattress was okay and the breakfast area was dark and also 70-80s era-like. The breakfast buffet was good for being FREE...but definitely not worth the $15.95.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Executive wing
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sofaonasock1
dwichers, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
We truly appreciate the feedback from our guests, as it allows us an opportunity to see where we are succeeding and what areas need our attention. Thank you for taking the time to write the details of your stay. The Doubletree Cookie is celebrating its 25th year! They are a huge favorite with our guests and we’re so glad you enjoyed them as well. We hope to welcome you back again to the Doubletree Chicago Oak Brook.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!