“fine hotel for my needs”

Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“fine hotel for my needs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel when I was here for a work seminar in the same hotel. The first room I checked into on the 2nd floor was not the greatest. There was no hot water when I went to take a shower and there seemed to be a "dead zone" for my cell phone. I called down to the front desk and they promptly moved me and even had someone deliver my new key. I moved to a higher floor and was very pleased with the new room- lots of HOT water!! Overall, this is a nice, clean hotel. If I was in town on business again, I'd stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
dwichers, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
We’re so glad that our staff was able to rectify the issues with your room and create a positive experience during your business stay with us. Thank you for the great review of the Doubletree Chicago Oak Brook. We look forward to your visit on your next business trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
mke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have stayed here before, and was upgraded to the executive wing. This time, I was not and it was just ho-humm. I wasnt blown away at all. It was just an OK hotel. The Tv's were updated. But the rooms look just like as the pictures look.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Executive Wing
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate that you enjoyed our Executive Level accommodations upgrade on your past visit and wish we had the availability to do it again on your return visit. Should that level of accommodations best suit your needs, we hope that during your reservation process you will request it to better assure receiving the room you enjoyed most. Thank you for your input and review.
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel is located right across the street from the shopping mall in the suburbs of Chicago. The hotel has both covered and open parking. Upon arrival, it's apparent that the property is aging and is in need of a remodel sooner rather than later.

The lobby and public areas used to be luxurious, very 80-90s style. During check-in, the agent was friendly and provided breakfast coupons for being Gold VIP with Hilton Honors. Both high-speed internet and parking were free. The warm cookie at check-in was definitely a nice touch.

As a Gold VIP, I was upgraded to a room in the Executive Wing of the top level, to ensure privacy and security. The executive wing had a separate computer center and the rooms were super quiet.

The HVAC unit was centrally controlled and built into the wall for whisper-quiet operation. The wallpaper in the room and bathroom were slowly peeling and hot water was definitely lacking at the sink.

The mattress was okay and the breakfast area was dark and also 70-80s era-like. The breakfast buffet was good for being FREE...but definitely not worth the $15.95.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Executive wing
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sofaonasock1
dwichers, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
We truly appreciate the feedback from our guests, as it allows us an opportunity to see where we are succeeding and what areas need our attention. Thank you for taking the time to write the details of your stay. The Doubletree Cookie is celebrating its 25th year! They are a huge favorite with our guests and we’re so glad you enjoyed them as well. We hope to welcome you back again to the Doubletree Chicago Oak Brook.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have traveled the country for business and pleasure reasons and found this hotel to be one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to. I was in the Doubletree Oakbrook for 16 days and I must say, coming home was a tough pill to swallow. I transfered to this hotel because the hotel I stayed in the 5 weeks prior was rather dissapointing. The staff at the DT Oakbrook were extremely helpful, polite and professional. The breakfast was second to none, the executive lounge was excellent, housekeeping was amazing and the overall stay couldn't have been better. The fitness center and pool added to the overall sparkling review. I would stay here over any hotel in the area. The price was also very easy to accept.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
dwichers, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, I’m very pleased we meet your expectations and look forward to your future stay. We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for staying with us and again thank you for your valuable feedback.
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

If you don't need to be downtown, this is a terrific choice. The rooms are roomy and well equipped. Good beds, desks and wi-fi throughout the hotel. Great staff with real attention to meeting details. Catering was excellent!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree recently. The location is right next door to the Oak Brook Center Mall - you literally walk across the street and you're there! Check in at the front desk was quick and flawless; VERY substantial breakfast buffet included with our room rate - not just juice and rolls, but several hot dishes like sausage, scrambled eggs, garden potatoes, pancakes. Nice selection of fruit, cereals and yogurt. There were also to-go cups and Starbucks coffee that you could take advantage of. I should have remembered the name of the waiter at the breakfast buffet area who brought us our coffee and juice. He was very accommodating and offered to get us to-go coffees before we left.

Our room was fine, although a microwave would have been a nice touch. We were there just to sleep only and left early the next morning, so no big deal. However, the one thing we noticed when we got up to the 3rd floor was this weird musty - perfume-y odor in the hallway. We also smelled it in our room. It was almost like someone was trying to cover up some musty odor by spraying flower-y cleaner. We got in late and got the last room with a king bed, so we didn't switch rooms, but if we had been there earlier, I would have called the front desk.

Nice touch is always the warm chocolate chip cookies you get at check-in. If we do stay there again, I would have to request a different floor/room due to the mystery odor.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
dwichers, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

This hotel is excellent! The lobby is very cool with its changing light emitting diode tones. The rooms are very nice and very nicely updated. They have plenty of light, large windows and very nice climate control. The bathroom is also very nice with plenty of light, however the showerhead is very low so if you are tall it will be a problem. I really enjoyed the coffee and tea that was provided. It was high quality and tasted great. This hotel is also in a very nice location right off the expressway and right across the street from Oak Brook Center Mall, a very upscale and nice mall with many cool shops. The food at this hotel is also very good. Both our dinner and breakfast were excellent and it tasted great and had a great variety. The free wi-fi is also a very nice plus. Overall, this hotel was excellent and I certainly hope to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!