“Disappointing”

Old Town Pour House Oak Brook
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Town Pour House Oak Brook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 90 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bar and Restaurant in Oak Brook with one of Chicagoland's largest Beer lists. Old Town Pour House is a vibrant bar and restaurant featuring 90 craft beers on tap and modern American food. With a mouthwatering menu and energetic atmosphere, Old Town Pour House is the perfect place for lunch, happy hour, dinner, or your next social event.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stopped here after shopping in Oak Brook. It was someplace new to go and I am sorry we did. I would have given it an even lower rating, but the waitress was very good. The food was the pits. We both had the Smoked 1/2 of Chicken. My wife had it with the sauce on the side and mashed potatoes and I had it with the sauce and grits. Either way the chicken was as dry as a piece of cardboard. The white meat was so dry in order to get bit down, I had to drink some water. The grits we a sold clump and the veggies tough and hard to eat. For me the best part of the meal was the coffee and for my wife it was the mashed potatoes. The other down side was the price at $21.00. You can get something similar at a Wildfire for less.
My advice if you want beer and wine selection go here, if you want edible food go anywhere else.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I had lunch at The Pour House when in Oak Brook for business. It wasn't busy and I sat at the bar. The bartender was friendly, helpful and attentive. I had the pork belly grilled cheese which was amazing. I had to take half of it to go. The bar was well appointed with tons of beer on draught. Looking forward to trying dinner there sometime to try them out.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We ate here Monday nite 2/17. Wait staff was great and food was very tasty. Several great choices and the appetizers were terrific. Will definitely go there next year when were in the area on business.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We met friends there for my husband's birthday. The manager made a special note of saying he'd recognize the celebration at the table. Okay. The beer and beer selection are scrumptious! The service - not so much. Tony, our waiter, was very taken with himself and his knowledge. But when my husband and I split an entrée, what we got was a split entrée between myself and our friend! And NOTHING for my husband. So the busboy took the meal back and re-plated my friend's meal. Then my husband and I waited. And waited. Tony, finally came back and admitted is was "my bad". By the time we got our sandwich, our friends were nearly finished with their dinners. There was no further acknowledgement of the screw up. Not even an offer for a free birthday dessert. Although Tony sold the banana cake beer VERY intently. Do you think he'd offer a taste - a birthday taste at least? No. So this is the impression we leave the restaurant with.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

New Years Eve - showed up a bit early for our reservation and they were very accommodating. Larger than we expected and really a nice feel/look to the interior. Noticed an outdoor space that we can't wait to try in warmer months. We both ordered a 'make your own' beer flight and it was cold, refreshing and fun to try them all. Our waitress was great in explaining the different nuances with the beer menu (I think 92 beers on tap) and we each found four to make our flight. I would have had a difficult time deciding if it weren't for the assistance from our waitress. Ordered the Cajun Chicken Firecracker Rolls to split - they WERE spicy. Although I am a self proclaimed spice wimp, even my husband found these with quite a kick. Then ordered the crab fondue to split and it was served with two long warm 1/4's of baguette bread. Quite delicious but very filling. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 is the final course we split a Lobster Roll and while it was good - not great, the lobster was too ground up to tiny pieces - not exactly what we had expected. Expected more chunky, less mayonnaise and maybe a bit more seasoning to get it right. We did take our time, never felt rushed and enjoyed our early evening.