“Italian quality (and quantity!) at this near west suburban mall location”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Maumee, Ohio, United States
“Italian quality (and quantity!) at this near west suburban mall location”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The restaurants that ring this popular and upscale Oak Brook are all very busy and Maggiano's is no exception. Large eating rooms and and adjacent banquet facility keep this place hopping, especially on weekends. Still, with a reservation we were seated promptly and the service was steady and friendly. We've been here, and to the location in downtown Chicago, a few times and have always enjoyed the food and the setting. Did I mention the food? While I won't speak as an expert on Italian cuisine, everything we've ever had from the appetizers (love the calamari) to the soups, to the very good pasta dishes, to meat or vegetarian entrees have been consistently excellent. The portions are generous and they have family dining options that also provide additional "take home" pasta dishes. We were visiting our daughter in Chicago and between the "take home" stuff and the leftovers she'll dine in style for a week! This is a solid choice for a nice evening with friends or family and a very enjoyable meal.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kevin L

Geneva
“Quantity and Quality”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

They offered coupon. Very good pasta and quality and quantity are wonderful. Make reservations if you can.

• Visited June 2012
Chicago
“$$$$$ but it is in Oak Brook. Also I had the take home and eat the next day meals - pretty good.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is one of the better Italian places I have been, and at these prices it had better be. Nice variety, clean, good service. I am getting to be Maggiano's is not too bad.

Visited January 2013
Bloomington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I can't even remember how many times I've ate at Maggiano's but I've never been disappointed yet after 10 years.
The atmosphere has energy with a lot of hustle and bustle yet I never feel rushed. The food selection is outstanding, the portions way to much for one yet the price is too good to be true.
Not a better place to bring the family and friends and catch up what's happening with each other.
Can't wait for the next visit.

• Visited December 2012
Arlington, Texas
“A Tale of 2 Nights”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a review based on my two dinner experiences, last Wednesday and Thursday evening. As some of the other yelpers have posted, parking can be a nightmare as all the front spots, on every row are reserved for valet (It was a cold night and when I arrived about 6, most of the spots were empty).

My first night I give it 5 stars and the second night 2 stars

First night.

Having never heard of Maggiano's (I did pull up on the website later that this is a chain and two locations are an hour away from me in the D/FW area) I took the recommendation of a business associate that Maggiano's was pretty good.

I got seated quickly as their were only 3 in my party (me, myself, and I) and the waiter was on me pretty quick. He brought me out some bread (Which was warm and soft) and took my cocktail order and gave me time to look at the VAST menu. I am such a creature of habit when I eat Italian main dishes, that I convinced myself, to order something I have not eaten before. I ordered the calamari and it was great. Lightly breaded and very tender. I was not sure what salad to have and took the waiters reccomendation on the tossed salad. Well, he was right. Fresh, delicious and the combo of avacado and blue cheese perfect!

I ordered the Chicken and Spinach Manicotti and it was excellent. Tender chicken noodles, but what made the dish shine was the alfredo sauce. Yum.

2nd night

Enjoyed my first dining experience that I invited two business associates to join me. They both live in the Chicagoland area and told me that they have not been to Maggianos. We decided to order the classic family style and ordered the calamari, bruschetta, and the tossed salad. The service this time around was poor. He forgot our bread, gave us the wrong drinks, and was nowhere to be seen. The salad and calamari was good, but we all agreed the brushetta was average at best. It had way to much balsamic vinegar and it killed the dish.

Our entree choices, chicken parmesan, the chicken and spinach manicotti, grilled salmon, and spaghetti and meatballs. After 40 minutes our entree's finally arrived. they all had the look of being under a heat lamp for a bit as the sauces looked like they were added way before and started to have that dry look.

Well, the dish I loved the night before was not hot, the chicken dried out, and the sauce was really thick. The chicken parmesan was dry and tasted re-heated. The speghetti and meatballs, again dry and over cooked. The salmon had a great flavor but dry and not moist. All of the entrees were way below our expectation and the over all experience was a far cry from what I had the night before and what I expected.

The cheesecake and the chocolate cake were massive in size and tasted fresh.

Overall, the tale of two nights. When I am back in Chicago next month, I will return and my hope is that I get the experience that I had my first night.

• Visited January 2013