“Good Thai Food at Oakbrook Mall”
Review of t.m. Basil

t.m. Basil
Ranked #51 of 89 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is reliable and above average. The restaurant is in a new location the past few years. While very clean and modern, it is not very warm. The service at lunch is always very prompt. I like the basil chicken (sliced meat instead of ground) and the Pad Thai. They have an excellent variety on the menu.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is one of those places you must know where it is to get to. Kind of tucked away in an unassuming area of the Oak Brook mall.

I enjoyed the food on both ocassions and found the service to be in the okay group. Sometimes I think the staff needs training on dealing with people. As a seasoned traveler, many look at me and make assumptions until it is time to receive my payment. I use coupons through various sources and often they require cash payment versus the credit card. During my next visit, I will be using cash and will make the adjustment if I get the less than desired service from prior visits. Maybe I will get lucky and be served by the kind lady who compensated the lack of courtesy from the last server.

Okay, now the real purpose of this review... the food is quite enjoyable!!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Started with the combination plate apppetizers and the Catterpillar Maki and both were good. We then shared the Basil Chicken ( Ground Chicken ) and Oyster Beef and both were great and if you have never tried ground chicken you should!! Overall a very nice experiance and leftovers for lunch today. Visit 2/25/13 Full Moon evening!!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

While shopping at Oakbrook Mall, this is a great place for lunch. You have to know to look for it on the lower/lower level of the mall. The curry was a great treat for lunch and the service was top notch.
We'll go back.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Have been enjoying this restaurant for many years. Service is always great and food is always perfect. I recommend the Pad Thai Chicken, ask for it a little spicy and it it to die for. The Pad Si Ew combo with chicken & beef is fabulous as well. I have never been disappointed in the food here and enjoy eating here whenever a Thai craving is overcoming me. The interior is more dark and mellow due to the lack of windows but has a relaxing feel to it. I highly recommend trying it out if you are in the area and have a Thai food craving.