“Good Food Poor Service”

Houlihan's
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Forget 'casual dining.' That's an industry term so out of touch with how consumers eat and drink today. For premium quality and style; fare that's at times familiar and other times adventurous and a laid-back modern setting, Houlihan's is a true original. This location is currently CLOSED.
Lemont, Illinois
“Good Food Poor Service”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I think a restaurant can really only provide two things....good food and good service. It is not a pleasant experience if half of the equation is missing. We went to Houlihan's at about 3:00pm.(not exactly prime time). There were five tables full at that time. One would think that it wouldn't take over 15 mins. to have a drink order filled. I can't imagine what the timing would have been if there were people there too . We ordered the mini-martinis which were delicious. I ordered the mini-sliders, which were also very good, but seem to arrive at a slow pace. We were celebrating two family birthdays and I must admit that I was surprised that even though our server knew this, no complimentary little dessert appeared. We are not really dessert eaters, but it would have been nice to have had a little scoop of ice cream and a candle to sing. It is often the little things,like timely service and extra attention that make a visit pleasant. I know I can find both at most of the other area restaurants.

• Visited August 2012

La Grange, Illinois
“Specials are not realy special”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Went there on a Thursday evening for their steak and lobster special. Wealso had a coupon. After we ordered the waiter said we could not use the coupon. No where on the menu or the coupon that we could not. Ittook several emails to get anyone's attention and the gift certificatethey said they sent never arrived.

Visited April 2012
Wisconsin
“Not the greatest first visit.”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was our first visit to a Houlihan's and it didn't leave us with the best first impression.

We sat in the bar area for a late lunch. The bar area smelled very musty and stale. It just had a dingy odor to it. We were greeted by our waitress and she took our orders.

I ordered the grilled chicken salad and my husband ordered the burger and fries. I was happy with my salad and my husband commented that he thought his burger was good. I enjoyed my salad to find out later that it was over 1200 calories. 1200 calories for a salad! I was better off having a burger!

I commented after we left how our server was just courteous enough, without crossing the line as being rude or curt. She wasn't very friendly. She didn't give much of a smile and seemed a bit annoyed that she had to wait tables in the bar area.

I don't know if we'd ever consider coming here again. If we had other choices, I'd chose elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
Bloomington, Indiana
“Good food, Good service”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

excellent mixed drinks and love the loaded potatoes

Visited June 2012
Chicago
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Such an enjoyable place to get wonderful food--right down to the sides and drinks. We've never been disappointed. Yum!

Visited April 2012