“Mon Ami bring back Gabi's fish and frites!!”
Review of Mon Ami Gabi

Mon Ami Gabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd Street
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I do enjoy this restaurant. They have an excellent wine selection, try the Sancere it's outstanding! Management made a decision that has disappointed me. They have removed the outstanding fish and frites. One of my absolute favorites. Please bring it back. I know I won't be going back to often with out this dish on the regular menu.

3  Thank Tony1223
There are newer reviews for Mon Ami Gabi

Reviewed July 27, 2014

You just can’t go wrong with Mon Ami Gabi. I know it is a chain (four around the country) and part of a larger chain (Lettuce Entertain You). Yet it still keeps me wanting to come back for more. Fabulous service. Excellent food. Outstanding wine list. Great ambiance. And grab a seat outside if you can. Took my parents here for a special occasion and it was a first of a kind for them. The fresh, warm, baked bread and “seasonal slaw” is addictive. Limit yourself to one loaf!!!

Crab cakes, shrimp cocktail and a summery gazpacho got us started. Dad had the steak bordelaise and he loved it. He had never had pomme frites before so that was a treat. Mom the lamb t-bone special. They did not prepare it to her preference and we did have to send it back. When it was returned she loved it. My guest had the scallops, outstanding. And I had their vegetarian special. Delicious. The white Bordeaux was an excellent pairing. I did get dad a classic red Bordeaux that he loved.

Dessert was fabulous. A unique bread pudding and the chocolate mousse was perfect. They even liked the coffee.

Even for apps in the bar area, worth the wait and visit.

1  Thank Allen R
Reviewed July 13, 2014

What comes from the kitchen at Mon Ami Gabi is the results of true artists at work, patiently assembling all the materials of their craft, just as a painter squeezes oil colors onto his palette to create a masterpiece. The food at Mon Ami Gabi looks beautiful, tastes exquisite, smells wonderful, makes you feel good, inspires romantic feelings...

1  Thank David S
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Because France was playing Germany in the quarter finals, we thought we would pretend we were in Paris and came to the Oak Brook location near our home. Icy oysters, refreshing Badoit, and their two wonderful cheese sandwiches (the grilled cheese special and the croque monsieur) served with frites were perfect! Too bad France lost!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stop in for a bite with wife and kids.

Love the goat cheese...need to control myself to leave room for the rest.

Caramelized onion-scallops are delicious, just not enough of them....

My steak was average, but I don't consider it a steakhouse. The fries soaking in the butter sauce always pleases though.

I wish they had chocolate soufflé available more often.