“Excellant Food & Service”
Review of Antico Posto

Antico Posto
Reserve a Table
Mon, 9/23
8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2019

Food is always consistent...fresh and high quality. Service is exceptional. Some times I wish there was more choices, but what they do have is incredible. Not only do I go there, but I door dash from there.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (358)

Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

First of all, let me say that I am very picky when it comes to Italian food. If the pasta is not fresh from scratch or if food is not homemade fresh like in Italy, I do not bother eating it. I looked up this place online and was attracted by their home-made concept. My boyfriend and I were pleasantly shocked how amazing this place really is. Felipe U was our server and really took great care of us for our anniversary. He gave us our space and was attentive at the same time.

My boyfriend ordered the veal chop, which was packed with flavor. The asparagus and potatoes on the side were also tasty. We loved the hint of grilled lemon as well. I order the frutti di mare risotto, and I must say that it was once of the best risottos I have ever had (probably the best). The risotto was definitely homemade in house, and I could taste it. The sauce was really light and the combo of seafood, onions, and peas was just right. I kept telling my boyfriend that I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a meal this much. It was so good that I did not want it to end. We also enjoyed the grilled calamari (perfectly grilled and not chewy just like it should be) as an
appetizer along with complimentary bread with homemade dip (composed of olive oil, parmesan cheese, and grilled vegetables).

The sangria and aperol spritz were also on par with my high Italian stardards. Highly recommend ordering either of those for beverages. We were not expecting to have dessert, but Felipe surprised us with a Zuppa Inglese (vanilla sponge cake) with to lit candles and a side of watermelon basil gelato. He knew it was our two year anniversary, and he really surprised us with that. He really made our night special and is a phenomenal server that deserves to be recognized. His great service, hospitality, professionalism, the atmosphere, and amazing food and drinks have us coming back in the near future. Thank you, Felipe and Antico Posto!

Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

I’m always impressed with Lettuce Entertain You. It is very, very rare that they have an off night (and when they do, they fix things!) Antico Posto, as long as you can find it at Oak Brook Center, is no exception. My son and I (and the nice folks we chatted with at the next table) all thoroughly enjoyed our meals which included chopped salad, a pizza, chicken Parmesan, ravioli and a birthday dessert complete with a candle. Our waitress was wonderful (though waiting a day to write review I forgot her name), but again, rare for Lettuce to have a bad egg in the mix. This one’s a winner; if you’re out that way give it a try!

1  Thank familygalChicagoIL
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

We visited first time. Had a great experience. The food was delicious.
We had beef medallions. /white fish added angel hair pasta. Salmon well prepared.

Reviewed June 28, 2019

No complaints about the ambiance or comfort although the noise level was a little high. Our server was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. I met a friend for lunch and we were there a long time. We weren't rushed to order or to leave after eating. And, the place was packed. Our sandwiches were very good. I loved the oil and parm that came with our bread. The olives and peppers were a nice twist on a common offering. The wine was a generous pour. I wish restaurants offered a nice glass that was more reasonably priced - a decent house wine is always appreciated!

Date of visit: June 2019