“People rave about this place but.......”

Wildfire - Oakbrook
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire - Oakbrook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 22nd and Spring Road
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

People rave about this place but I find it just acceptable. It is impossible to get a res and the wait time is crazy. Their steaks are great though! I find their fish boring but fresh, I'm a fish eater and never eat red meat. My daughter and son-in-law are huge steak eaters and love Wildfire, but when I took them to Reel Club, my fav, they loved their steaks too and loved their fish! I find service is very good at both restaurants and pricing the same. BUT I will say the mussels I had at Wildfire were huge and AWEFUL while the ones at the Reel club were AWESOME!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's 6PM on a Friday and the place is packed! It's been here for at least 20 years and it's still packed! With so many dining options in the area, it's hard to believe, actually. But the food is good - even if not that creatively inspired; they have a separate gluten-free menu and they make a mean martini. We sat in the bar area - very hectic - but the service was still attentive.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place was packed every night at 6 PM with a 20 minute wait but finally got to dine there on Tuesday night. Prompt attention with a server that knew the menu and the wine list. Great recommendations and enjoyed a macadamia crusted halibut and a wonderful glass of wine. Sat next to the Rascals Room and although busy it did not detract from the meal.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My first visit here, I underestimated the restaurant's popularity - even on a Tuesday it was packed to the rafters, and we were offered a 'high table' in the bar, which was fine. The menu is built around steaks, chops and seafood. I wanted to try steak, but not anything too heavy, and after hearing the description, we both went for the Roumanian Skirt Steak, along with mash and a side salad. There was no indication of weight in the menu, but it was one of the least-expensive steaks on the menu. It was delicious, though very rich, but was so big neither of us could finish it - it had been rolled up at one end, or it would have stretched some distance off the plate. Very enjoyable, however.
The service was prompt and attentive. My only little criticism is that the tables are packed into the bar area, and I was conscious of people 'pulling over' into our space to let someone else through.
This was a good introduction to what is clearly a rightfully popular steakhouse - next time I will know to call ahead and reserve a table in the restaurant.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Right after we were seated we were given two types of warm bread loafs. A dark, sweet bread with raisins (my favorite) and a tasty white bread.

We ordered the crispy calamari app that came with two types of sauces. The calamari were fried up perfectly and the sauces were a nice addition. For the main course, I had the char crusted bone in rib-eye. It was cooked just the way I ordered it. What a fine steak! It was tender, flavorful and just plain mouth-watering. I had the creamy au gratin potatoes as my side. My companion ordered a special combination plate of crab cake, salmon and scallops with a side of grilled vegetables. Every item was exceptional. We skipped on the great looking deserts because we were too full! The room we were in was lively. Try and get a booth. They're higher than the tables and give you a great view of the restaurant.

Wildfire is the genuine article. I love this restaurant!