“Nice Hotel - would stay again”

Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Seymour, WI
“Nice Hotel - would stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

I needed somewhere to stay close to the Brookfield Zoo. After some web searching I came across some hotels in nearby Oak Brook, IL. It is only 6 miles from the zoo. It was funny when trying to find the hotel with my Garmen Nuvi. The Garmen said "Now arriving at Residence Inn Oak Brook on left". But that is not what I saw on my left. I saw an office park with office buildings. After driving around the area a bit, I discovered the hotel was hidden a bit inside the office park.

I'm surprised the hotel could be hidden the way it was. Its a 5 story hotel and very long. We enjoyed our stay. I had a king size bed room that included a pull out couch. The room had a kitchenette. We had a full size refrigerator and a breakfast bar style table. The bed was comfy. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a free breakfast each morning. It was good food and a pleasant environment.

We used the work out area, pool and hot tub. It was all nice no complaints. Pool was warm. Hot tub wasn't too cool or too warm. There were plenty of towels.

We found the Oak Brook Shopping Center near the hotel. That was an added plus. For fun we ate at the Mc Donald's restaurant on Mc Donald's corporate campus. One of the days we drove to shop at the Woodfield Mall. That is 14 miles away.

I paid $89 as a walk in for this hotel. That rate is a bargain for that area. The hotel was a pleasant surprise, it was better than what I expected. No complaints at all. Usually these Residence Inns are in a suburban area with a huge lawn. This one had nice landscaping and was mostly surrounded by parking lot. It also overlooks an expressway. I had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the expressway, I never heard it.

Very nice place. I will stay there again. I do recommend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milwaukee, WIscons
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

For Mother's Day weekend I traveled and stayed at this hotel. It was a great value. The rooms and public areas were beautiful. It is less than a mile from the Oak Brook Mall and on the Mc Donald's Headquarter Campus. Though you can never really escape the traffic anywhere near Chicago, it was easy to get to the mall, restaurants and the beautiful pond on the campus. I would stay again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed at Residence Inn in Oak Brook, IL in April 2010 for one night. This was my first stay there. It is located a few minutes from Oak Brook mall it is about 40 minutes from the Chicago loop with weekend traffic. It is 12 miles from O’Hare and 18 miles from Midway airport. There are no restaurants within walking distance but there some at nearby Oak Brook mall.

The suite was clean and comfortable. There were some minor maintnance problems including dripping faucets, squeaky a/c, and a loose electrical outlet.
These were a minor annoyance but did not really affect quality of our stay.

The person at check in was friendly and helpful. The person at check out was rude when I mentioned the maintenance problems that were encountered.

The overall quality of my stay was average. The weekend rate was reasonable. I would probably stay here again if I needed a suite hotel in the west suburbs and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank PlaneManIllinois
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

As i am a true believer in the accuracy of trip advisor, we selected the residence inn for a one night stay based on its #1 rating.
I need to start out by saying that although this is perfectly fine hotel, it is not a #!.
There are positives: the room was very clean. There are good amenities: a computer room, an indoor pool and hot tub, a gym. The staff is very nice and frienldy.
But:
It is located in isolation at the back of a business park. Although near the mall, the other hotels in Oak Brook are much more central to stores and restaurants.
Although the rooms are the standard layout for a rersidence inn, the decor has not been updated since this property was built, probably in the early 1990s. The furniture is old and the room decor is bland and boring.
They still haven't switched over to flat screen TVs.
The amenities are sparse and the towels old and rough.

Usually, when a property is rated #1, it really has something special to offer. This property is clean, the staff is very pleasant and the price is right.

But it is not great and offers nothing new or special....in fact, it was quite a letdown.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bcqajbk
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

Very clean and comfortable. Lovely suite with good bed. Breakfast buffet had a variety of freshly prepared dishes as well as the standard cereal and make-your-own waffles.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

Great place to stay in Oak Brook!
To begin with, my brother called while driving to get directions and the girl at the desk patiently stayed on the phone with him so he could find it. she was very kind and friendly!
We had a one room suite. It was clean and comfortable.
Free internet connection
Only minor complaint is the the mattress was a bit hard for my taste. The pillows were odd feeling too.
there is a hot/cold breakfast in the morning that is filling. employees are there to make sure all is well for you
There is a happy hour too with drinks and food that is very nice and if you dont need much to eat, then it can fill you up well for the evening.
There is a pool/hot tub/work out area.
Not far at all from Oak Brook mall, or many restaurants
It is easy to catch the train to downtown in Hinsdale which is about 10 minutes or so.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

My mother, daughter and I stayed here for one night in order to attend a baby shower in town. The hotel is beautiful and conveniently located right off I-88 and 2 minutes down the street from Oak Brook Center.

The hotel was clean and very comfortable. We had a one-bedroom suite. There was a living/kitchen area with a pullout couch and a separate, private bedroom with a bathroom attached.

The kitchen was outfitted very well with a refrigerator, microwave , large sink and even a two burner electric cooktop.

The bathroom sink was located outside of the shower/toilet area which allowed for more privacy. There was also a lot of counter space next to the sink.

Our room faced the interstate but I couldn't hear any traffic noise at all. And the blackout curtains were very effective in blocking unwanted light.

Finally, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We dealt with a number of different people including someone on the phone before we arrived. Each of them went out of their way to offer assistance.

We didn't eat the free breakfast as we were meeting friends but it looked and smelled delicious and there were a lot of people enjoying it.

If you plan on going into the city as we did, be aware that the traffic can be awful, even on Saturdays and Sundays, as we found out.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!