“Fine pick if you need to be in this location”

Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. A bit of an inconvenience if you don’t have a car, although there are restaurants that will deliver. (Cab driver couldn’t find the hotel as it’s tucked back.) Rooms were clean. Okay compared to other Residence Inn properties.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry that your cab driver had a little trouble finding our property but am glad that you had a great experience with our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while in the Chicago area for a family event. The property appears relatively new (at least when compared to other RIs we have stayed at). It is clean; our room was in excellent condition; comfortable bed; bath facilities were good; linens were in good shape. The complimentary breakfast was very good with a wide assortment of breakfast items and I like the coffee. The location is convenient to the Oakbrook, Il area and the western suburbs of Chicago in general. Although we were not here on business, I imagine that its location would make it very convenient for anyone needing ready access to any of the hundreds of local office buildings in the area. This would have been a four star review except for the surprisingly poor way that the staff handled an issue for us.... We left our suite by 830 AM the day after we arrived and returned at about 4:15 pm to discover that the room had not been serviced. I called the front desk at 4:20 to report the oversight. The woman that answered began by asking what color card I had left hanging on my door. (this struck me as an odd question as I think the proper response would have been something like "I will make sure that housekeeping stops by before they leave for the day") I responded that there was no card hanging outside my door. The woman at the fornt desk then said, "well they (housekeeping) are stil here so they will stop by". Housekeeping never showed up as we discovered after we returned from dinner. It seems that the individual at the front desk was more concerned about deflecting the issue than ensuring that my (quite normal) need was met. When my wife asked for some fresh towels at the front desk later that evening she was handed a stack of towels but given no apology for the lack of housekeeping service. This was the first time in all my years as a frequent guest of Marriott, that I received such a poor response from staff. I suspect it was isolated but may indicate that the staff at this facility may need a training refresher. Based on the staff response, I would have given this two stars but the excellent facilities brought the overall score to three stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J D
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Residence Inn Oak Brook. I am glad that you enjoyed the property, our rooms and breakfast! I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with housekeeping and our front desk team. That is certinely not our standard and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention, I assure you that we will provide some additional coaching to our team on how to best handle guest concerns such as yours. I hope that if your travels bring you to the Chicagoland area again you will stay with us and give us a chance to deliver the excellent level of service that I know we are capable of.

Thank you!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room was what you'd expect from a Residence Inn, which is good! Rated just average though because it isn't really anything special. Not bad, but not memorable. Staff was helpful and friendly, and parking is free, so thats a plus. It's sort of located in an industrial park, which is a bit strange, but very close to some good shopping areas.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon A
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook and taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor! I am glad that you enjoyed your room- we love our spacious suites! I hope that if your travels bring you to Chicago again that you will stay with us and allow us to create a memorable experience for you! Our standard of service is to provide an excellent experience for each guest and I apologize that we did not quite accomplish that during your stay. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I saw the hotel from the freeway and took the next exit and walked in and asked if I could get a good rate for 3 nights. Darlene at the front desk talked to the sales manager and they were able to give me the weekend rate a day earlier. I made a reservation and said I would look at a couple of other hotels in the area and either come back or cxl by 4.30 pm. Well, none of the other similar properties in the area even came close so I came back and checked in. It's an updated, fresh residence inn with very comfortable rooms, good sized bathrooms and the usual residence inn amenties, all up to Marriott standards. I tend to feel claustrophobic in standard hotel rooms, but with the huge suites here and windows that opened, I slept like a baby and felt great. The lobby, breakfast area, business center, pool and fitness room were all good. Plenty of parking but there's nothing much within walking distance. I believe they do have a free shuttle to take you to the nearby restaurants etc., in case you don't have a car. The staff is simply wonderful and pleasant. Darlene, thank you for being so hospitable and cheerful all the time. Mike, thanks for giving me the directions to and from downtown. I had a wonderful stay and would like to stay with you guys again whenever I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Oak Brook!! We are very lucky to have Darlene and Mike as part of our team and are glad that you had an excellent stay! We strive to provide a superior guest experience and hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Chicagoland!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I travelled with my 4 kids and 3 adults, so we had 2 rooms. The room with the suite (a let out couch) was very uncomfortable and not much support nor padding on the mattress. Aside from that, the hotel was nice and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook! I apologize that our sofa bed was not up to your standards! If you stay with us again, we would be happy to provide an extra mattress pad to enhance the comfort level of the sofa! I am glad that you had a great experience with our team, we are always striving to provide an excellent guest experience. I appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a few nights and was on a higher floor and on the highway side. Was kinda loud but once a fell asleep it was fine and I didn't hear anything. They have complimentary breakfast daily with a decent variety. They so have a cocktails and a light dinner Monday through Wednesday. Didn't take advantage of the amenities so I can't comment on that. Overall I would stay again but it is kinda pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook and taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our social hour and enjoyed our breakfast! I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future and use some more of our amenities!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked several rooms at this hotel for my family reunion. We stayed in the one bedroom studio and two bed room suite rooms. Suites are large, clean and very comfortable. Kitchenettes are very convenient. I loved the amenities from the complimentary breakfast to the pool/whirlpool. We especially enjoyed the main living/dining room area. Staff was very friendly and customer service was excellent. Special thanks to manager Amanda, and Darlene and Solomon at the front desk. I definitely would recommend this hotel, especially for group gatherings.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to provide excellent customer service and are very luck to have Amanda, Darlene and Salomon on our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!