“Overpriced”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 22nd St. Butterfield Rd. & Meyers Road
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We went to this restaurant for my daughter's birthday. Granted it wasn't the weekend, but I was surprised how empty it was. The food was fair, but the waiter was excellent. If the food matched the help, then I would be going back.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Another birthday for my husband, so another restuarant to enjoy, on September 30, 2013 at 7pm. When we arrived from our hotel, to our surprise, it was no one else present. It was as if I had arranged it that way, just exclusively for us only(like the rich/famous). Our male waiter was very helpful and kind with assisting in meal selections. My husband had the lamb or chicken dish with plenty of mashed potatoes to eat and I had a fish dish with sautated vegtables. Now I really enjoyed my meal, but my husband(birthday boy)stated that his meal was ok, due to one piece of meat not being tender, but the rest was tender. By this time, other customers came in with children, so there goes our peace and quiet romantic dinner. Now, this wasn't the restuarant fought, but we also did hear the chef chopping or banging on some meat(thats what it sounded like) from the kitchen(which gave us a laugh or two). We asked our waiter what he was doing back there, but he wasn;t sure. However, we still had a good time with each other, my food was great, and the host was very nice as well.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on a Friday night with a group of friends. The waiters were very attentive and helpful. Our main waiter checked on us often and had good suggestions about the menu. The food was good -- not amazing, but fine. The odd thing was how empty the restaurant was on a Friday night. We parked right by the door when we got there, and throughout the evening there were more open tables than occupied (by far). Then, a little before 11, there was loud dance music with a DJ in the bar area. That did not seem to fit the atmosphere of the restaurant. Strange.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The grotto is known for steak. That's probably what we should have ordered. The clam pasta was overpriced and salty.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had reservations for a party of 25 set up in January for a June date. We were to have a family style lunch with a set menu of pasta, salad, and desert. We checked montly on the details with the mgr. and we were all set. The day before the party, we called to confirm, and the mgr. who took our reservation had left. There was no record of anything. We were stuck because the invites went out already. We were charged double the price and family style was not provided as requested. We will never return as the new mgr. disregarded our former requests and would not budge.

4  Thank diner937