“Great brunch”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 22nd St. Butterfield Rd. & Meyers Road
“Great brunch”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family has been here twice for holiday brunch - Mother's Day & Easter. Both times, the service is very attentive and the food is good. Buffets are rarely amazing (unless you're at the Bellagio) but this is a solid buffet brunch with an omelette station, waffle station, prime rib station, seafood table, dessert table and standard brunch fare table (eggs, bacon, eggs benedict, chicken, etc). The bloody marys are also awesome. Our server today was particularly great. I'm sure we'll be back for another family event soon.

• Visited March 2013

East Moline, Illinois
“Not Impressed.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My Husband and I were in Oak Brook for weekend get-a-way and looking forward to a nice evening out. We did not have reservations and arrived early but were told they only had a table in the bar area even though the place was practically empty. The drink I ordered tasted terrible and they did replace it with a glass of wine, but their wine selection seemed limited for an Italian restaurant. Our salads were dry and the Linguine with clams was tasteless and salty. We felt that for the service and food that we received it was definitely way overpriced. The bar area was loud with sports tv's in the corners while others dined in the quiet dining room with tablecloths. Not the romantic evening out we had hoped for!

• Visited February 2013
“Consistently good”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I have been there four times in the past two years. The service is attentive. The food is outstanding. The grilled and fried calamari is well portioned, seasoned and delicious. The salad that has gorgonzola, pears, apples, and walnuts is delicious. The steaks are consistently cooked appropriately-my father likes medium while my husband likes medium rare and seasoned and textured amazingly. The apple crustada is a must have with it's balance of sweet, salt, warm and cold. The room is simple and elegant which makes it cozy, comfortable and potentially romantic if in a booth.

• Visited December 2012
Wheaton, Illinois
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our waitress was Excellent, very nice, interacted with our two year old to help keep her entertained. Started out with the crab cake, delicious, had a spicy mayo sauce. We both ordered the special night a 25 oz porterhouse, with grilled vegetables. THEN it came to our table and our jaws dropped to the floor. This was no 25 oz, more like 40 oz, an inch 1/2 thick, enough to feed a family of four. Beautiful presentation, Meat well crusted. Once you cut into the steak it burst with juice. Perfectly done all the way threw. At first we thought it was expensive, but once we experienced it we knew it was actually a very good value for the money. My wife wanted to try the pasta, ordered penne with marinara + two meatballs. Also excellent. Needless to say we have enough leftovers to feed us the entire next day!

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Relaxing Full Service Lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here for lunch with a group from work. Shrimp cocktail was very good and a generous portion. Had a wedge salad that was very good but could have had more bacon on it....there wasn't any. Had Limone Chicken and it was very good. I couldn't finish all the food in spite of the fact that it was all delicious. The main room is very pretty. There is plenty of staff around to help with anything you need. The view out onto the water is really nice. They have function rooms (large and small) for any type of function. I would go back...especially in the summer to try out the outdoor patio.

• Visited January 2013