“Disappointed again”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I just don't get the adoration of this restaurant. It's kind of a restaurant......kind of a fast food place................they're trying to have nice food, just not quite hitting it. The first time I at there, it was completely unsatisfying, but last week, we thought we'd try again and pick up food to bring home. I had a turkey sandwich and chicken noodle soup. The turkey had a weird taste to it and was VERY dry. The soup was like a container of shredded chicken soaked in a little water and grease. There was no flavor. I tried adding a little salt, but ended up throwing it in the garbage. I bumped it up to and average rating because it has a nice decor, and the gelato is good. Maybe you'll like it if you never really eat out much.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have had Labriola breads and baked goods, but had never been to the cafe. Finally, I made my way over one morning to pass the time before some shopping. First, the bakery smells phenomenal! I ordered a cappuccino, which was rather strong and a pain au chocolate, which the guy taking my order had no idea what I was talking about! I had to go over to the breads and point to it. Trust me, I pronounced it very English too :) Anyway, it was very buttery, flaky and delicious. I grabbed some menus on my way out and thought the salads and sandwiches sound good. The wheat pan, sour boule and raisin pan are my favorite breads. I will be back!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I went for lunch on a Tuesday and the place was packed, so packed that they seat you after you've placed your order. The soup/salad combo I ordered was cream of broccoli and Waldorf Astoria salad and they were both outstanding. I went back for dinner on an early Saturday evening and it was much less busy. I had the cream of mushroom soup (again, outstanding) and my husband enjoyed his turkey sandwich with homemade chips. The check seemed especially large for two people but when a soda/ice tea costs $2.39, the check mounts up quickly.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

What is there NOT to love about this counter-service restaurant?

Well - the only thing it is loud - accoustically...

HOWEVER - the upscale margerita pizza is over the top. The sandwiches. The burgers... The bread is what made me go in and it is a gold mine.

The catering business alone is staggering - you should see the boxes and bags that go out daily...

Rich LaBriola must love it because it shows - on your way out - you have to buy some yummies on both sides of the shop - and always always - Belgium Sugar Cookie Gelato...

Just thinking about it makes me want to head over there right now!!

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a walk-in, place your order, find a table restaurant with sit-down restaurant prices. The food is delicious, but pricey. The Maytag Blue Cheese burger deserves all of the accolades it has already earned. I tried it with a turkey burger instead of beef and it was fabulous. Fries were closer to warm than hot. A family favorite is the French dip. Truly delicious. The pizzas are very authentically made as if in Naples, Italy. Forewarning: the crust may be charred on the bottom and management said that's how it is because of their oven. This was fine for adults in our group, but not for kids. The gelato is amazing. All of the desserts, especially the cakes look enticing, but too steep of a price tag so we skipped. We brought home a loaf of bread. Crusty and crunchy on the outside, perfectly soft on the inside.

Despite higher prices, we will return again. We were putting it in the same category as Corner Bakery because of the walk-up service. When compared to sit down restaurants, it is a great meal without a server taking your order.

Loud and filled with families so a great place for a group.