“The tapioca & parmesean cheese rolls - to die for!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reel Club

Reel Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Reel Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 80 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak Brook Mall
Oak Brook, Illinois
“The tapioca & parmesean cheese rolls - to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We go here often. Last weekend and tomorrow as well. Their "tapioca flour bread rolls" come out almost as soon as you sit down and that could be a meal in itself! With four of us, I swear, we had that basket filled three times and finally begged them to stop bringing those puffy delights of pure joy.

I love the sushi combo. Hubby's favorite is the Trout. My 15 year old son L O V E S the "crab macaroni & cheese on a steak" platter. My 18 year old daughter likes the Tilapia. We take friends and out-of-towners here all the time.

Wait staff is pleasant, experienced and efficient. Wine selection lovely. Specials are delightful. Never had dessert here that I recall...... because they serve so many of those dreamy little dough balls of love that are baked to perfection, so warm & friendly!!

• Visited April 2014

Chicago
“Great for After Theater Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for dinner after going to the early performance at Drury Lane. We were seated on time for our reservation. That is always a plus in our eyes.

We shared the Chopped Salad. We enjoyed their take on the chopped salad. The Garbanzo Beans and Pine Nuts added some crunch to the salad. My wife had the Tapioca Crusted a Whitefish. It was moist and the Brussel Sprout Slaw was a nice touch. I had the Parmesan crusted Chicken, and I loved it. The sauce and toasted tomatoes were a perfect compliment. Neither of us are big bread eaters, but their tokes are addictive.

Our server was excellent and came back to check on us a couple of times. As a Lettuce a Restaurant, reservations are a must. We did not get to use the bar, but it had a very lively crowd. That adds to the experience.

Visited April 2014
Bristol, Connecticut
“Not east coast seafood...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Still thought the place was great to hang out in and the staff was very friendly. Coming from the east coast I shouldn't have expected the seafood to compare to the fresh stuff near the water. I can hear Robert Irvine screaming FRESH not FROZEN! The fish dishes looked great - I had fish tacos which were average. Still a fun place to go with a smaller group.

1 Thank BeachandFood
Chicago, Illinois
“Reeling and a rockin'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

It's a Lettuce Entertain You site, so the food is generally high quality like the service. Reel Club is located in the Oak Brook shopping mall, next to Maggiano's et al. Basically a seafood restaurant, but steaks also available. Went with the family to celebrate my wife's birthday and although we didn't mention that specifically, our server, Martino, overheard a comment and produced a cupcake with a birthday candle for my wife. Excellent service.

Sat at the bar for a bit until the whole group was there and the drinks were fine. Cucumber martini was different and interesting. Kindof a salad in a glass.

Had the chef's trio (not sure what he had for dinner then) filet, salmon, and bacon wrapped shrimp. The rest of the party had beef short ribs, scallops, and beef filet. All were excellent. My salmon was moist and flavorful, shrimp were spot on and filet was a perfect medium rare.

Had the braised pork belly and crusted shrimp and the pork was melt in your mouth good. Shrimp good, but not spectacular. Ordered a portion of blue points and miyagi oysters. Firm, clean and nicely chilled. Champagne salt was a good seasoning. Ordered two half rolls of sushi, tuna and shrimp and both were very nice.

Coffee and brownie dessert well-executed but nothing stunning. By that time we were so stuffed it hardly mattered.

Parking mall crazy on a Sunday, but lucked out and had a spot up front. Otherwise, valet parking to be had for a nominal rate.

Supper club atmosphere, busy and a bit loud. Business casual dress fine. Recommend reservations for a busy time. We were in early at 4:15 and seated as soon as the whole party was there at 5:00.

All in all, nice place. Would go back. Not cheap, but not over the top, either. Tab for five with two rounds of drinks, oysters, appetizers and entrees, tax and tip, a bit over $300. Good times.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent seafood and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Great place for excellent, fresh seafood. A wide variety of seafood available. A busy and buzzing place to eat - don't expect a quiet night! Ask for a booth for something a little quieter.
Wine list is a little limited in particular the white wines, which are predominately Chardonnay.

Visited March 2014