“Better than expected”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We didn't encounter any major problems; however there appeared to be the smell of bug spray but after we had the window open for a few minutes it was gone. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. It was very comfortable throughout the 3 nights we stayed. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This place was a great stay. It was quiet outside and in the hallways. The room has a kitchen area with big fridge and stove. The room was clean. Bathroom did not have blow dryer or shampoo and conditioner. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was not the happiest but it was after midnight. The lady when we checked out was friendly. It's location is great because it is away from hustle and bustle but close to food and attractions.

• Stayed: December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about your stay with us; however, we apologize that the staff did not explain our amenity policy to you upon check-in. Please know, hair dryers and shampoo/conditioner are available at the front desk upon request. I met with the staff, and I will be working with them to ensure this message is conveyed better at check-in moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here for approx. 6 weeks while on a job assignment in St. Louis. Staff was very helpful and friendly. During my first week there was a fire alarm late at night (boo) but the response from staff was very impressive. Kitchenette is functional but I was on a per diem and ate most of my meals off property. There are a ton of restaurants,and shopping malls, within a 10 minute drive. Despite being located next to an interstate highway this facility was very quiet and respected my daytime sleep schedule. If I had to list one criticism it would be the lack of TV channels, very basic offerings that got "old" quickly however this is a minor gripe. All in all a fine facility that I would recommend to anyone needing extended stay amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and your accommodations. Please accept our apologies that our television program listings did not meet your expectations. We will definitely look into how we can enhance this offering moving forward.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay overall. The quality of the room is what you would expect for what you're paying. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The bed was a bit hard, but everyone likes it differently! We slept nicely the whole weekend. None of the guests were a disturbance to us, and I could smell food in the hallway but not in our room at all.

The issue: they were having an issue with their broiler when we were staying. We had hardly any hot water the whole weekend we were there. The front desk said they were working on it, but it still wasn't fixed when we left Monday morning. Seemed odd they were aware of the issue and didn't warn us when we checked in on Saturday.

If the hot water was fixed, we would stay again. Will likely be staying at this chain on our travels in the future.

Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Alex - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about friendliness of the staff; however, we apologize you were not informed of the boiler issue upon check in. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I will coach my team to inform guest of situations that may disrupt their stay.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The room had a strong cigar smell and even after I opened the Windows and ventilated the room. The smell came back after a while. So I think it was from another room that smell was coming from. Like every time some one smoked the smell just penetrate right through the walls and into the room. The location of the hotel is great its almost in the center of O'Fallon, it's close to the stores and the high way.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the smoke odor in your room is truly regrettable. Please know, I am working with our staff to ensure this is eliminated and is not an issue moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked your room overall and our hotel's location.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at OFL2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is well appointed, however the appliances need a serious upgrade. The refrigerator in my room can easily be about 15 years old. It made a loud noise ever so often and startled me when I was in a state of sleep.

The breakfast is very poor. Just coffee/tea and and instant cereal and a fruit. OK for folks who wish to do their own shopping for a prolonged stay, not for someone who stays overnight.

Room Tip: I recommend this Hotel for a medium to long stay. Rooms are fitted with electrical appliances and ut...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about your refrigerator. I will have our maintenance staff make repairs to it as needed. Still, I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your room and our hotel's location. As we continue to make improvements to our offerings we will keep your other feedback in mind.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future. Happy Travels.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place is a wonderful hotel. Everything is very clean and the staff goes the extra mile. The location is close to everything and it is in a safe neighborhood. I think this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Holly M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Holly - It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for positive review. It means so much when we have made your stay away from home wonderful. I am proud of our team for excellent service we provided during your stay.