“Generally clean, conveniently sited, and a good price”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
CT
“Generally clean, conveniently sited, and a good price”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Old Sleep Inn. Adequately clean, indoors and out. Rooms are standard Sleep Inn, and generally clean. Bed was better than many, HVAC was updated and generally quiet, and Internet was fast. Breakfast was standard Sleep Inn. Convenient walk to IHOP - other restaurants you need to drive to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I disagree with some of the reviews that the place is outdated. In fact, I found the rooms and facility to be rather "updated". What I do agree with is HORRIBLE service and filthy dirty. This could be an excellent hotel IF the management would do a better job. The elevator hasn't been vacuumed in a LONG time, there was hair around the sink that didn't belong to us, hand prints along the bed skirt and when I spoke to the night manager, he made a face at me and walked away instead of responding. NOT COOL!

The breakfast the next morning had "old and crusty" cheese slapped in the middle of an omelet. That is actually what earned them the poor rating from me.

Clearly you can tell the staff couldn't care much less, the one cleaning staff that I saw looked like she was going to a modeling audition rather than coming to clean and you already heard about the night manager.

All in all, I'd say if this hotel did a few strategic fires and hire a few people who care about their hotel, this could be an excellent place to stay (for all the reasons others have listed.)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank skimedickc
Kevin W, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Sleep Inn. The discrepancies in service and quality you mentioned are certainly not what we want our guest to encounter when they stay with us. We consider such feedback as a valuable resource which helps us as we continuously evaluate our operation. You specifically mentioned the quality of the omelet we served on the morning of your stay. This particular item is usually enjoyed by our guest so it makes me wonder if possibly it was overcooked or had been sitting out to long. I will speak with our breakfast staff in order to make improvements in this area. Thank you for your comment about our design and furnishings we are glad you appreciated the investment we have made in our property. We will address the inconsistencies you mentioned and will strive to make the necessary corrections. Thanks again.
Kansas City
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I were traveling back to the KC area from Florida. We decided we wanted to try to get to the St. Louis area from Atlanta in one day. Based on other reviews, I thought this would be a good stop over before traveling on to KC. Boy, was I right!! It was great to stop here (very easy to get to off the interstate) and kept us from getting log jammed in the evening trying to get into St. Louis because of closed roads going into the city. The hotel was in great shape. I'm not sure I understand people who said it needed updating. Our room had very up-to-date furnishings, linens, etc. If you need a clean bedroom, clean bathroom, comfortable room with a good tv, nice space, and good breakfast in the morning, this is a great location. Hotel personnel were friendly (very sweet Breakfast attendant). Not all hotels offer waffles that you can make yourself, an egg dish, sausage, yogurt, pastries, coffee, etc. included in the room rate. We were very satisfied with our stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen W
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were visiting for soccer games for our son and found this hotel price very appealing. While I have to admit, I did not find the hotel dirty, it was desperately in need of updating. The room felt very old and worn. It was one of the smaller hotel rooms we have stayed in and felt a bit cramped. Upon arriving, we found that our tv, microwave, and bathroom light all were not working. We called the front desk and they were able to fix all the problems and were very friendly. Overall, I can't say that I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gallactica24
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We picked this place out based on pretty good reviews from Trip Advisor. We liked it. It cost about 1/2 what it would have for us to have stayed across the river in St. Louis or even at some other places in this town. The place reminded me a bit of a Super 8 with relatively small room sizes, but furnished much nicer and we found everything to be nice and clean. They do allow pets to stay. We requested and got a room that pets had not been in.

The bathroom sink was small and it was located in a bit of an odd spot as the shower/bathroom room door swings right by where you stand at the sink, so you have to move anytime someone wants to go to the bathroom or shower. Also no tub which didn't bother us, but have never been at a motel without one. Very big shower.

The pool was a modest size. Our kids loved it and there seemed to be quite a few families there the weekend we stayed. Was relatively quiet with one train coming through about 11, but that was the only time we noticed it.

The breakfast was decent with hot and cold items. Staff was quite nice and generally pretty relaxed.

You get what you pay for and that's the case here, but we got a lot more at this place for the price than I've gotten at other times from other places.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Bobber67
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This seemed to be a fairly new property and was just off Interstate 64. Location is very good for getting to shopping to local restaurants, with easy access onto the highway. Breakfast was varied and hot, with eggs, sausage, waffles and the regular cereals, muffins and Danish. Rooms were not as quite as we had hoped, due to a barking dog in a room down from us, but overall was comfortable and clean. Higher priced hotels were just down the road, next to mall. Stay here and save your money.

Room Tip: pool located on first floor, so noise could be a concern for some travelers
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ishootpar
Union, South Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here while traveling to MO and back. I chose this hotel because I never go wrong with Choice Hotels. The reviews were great on here and rightfully so. Kate was working the front desk and she was super!! She was very nice, and helped me with getting change for the vending machine and hooked me up with some toothpaste since I forgot mine. The room was very clean and the bed was wonderful to lay in. Especially since I had been on the road for almost 24 hrs. If back in the area, this will be my first "choice" for a hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business