“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Sleep Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at Sleep Inns before so we thought we'd give this a try and it was a good stay. The hotel is clean and updated with modern decor and fixtures. Rooms are good size and the one we stayed in had a king size bed. It also had a fridge and microwave and new flat panel tv.

Breakfast was good and included waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, toast and bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and juice/coffee. I went for breakfast at 9:30 (it closes at 10) and feared there would be nothing left. But they were actually still bringing fresh food out.

The staff was friendly and I got several hellos from them. My only complaint would be that the room did not get cold enough. I set the thermostat for 60 but there's no way it got below 68.

Other than that it was a good place to stay and I would return again if I found myself in this area. The hotel is in a decent area with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. It's also close to the highway without hearing lots of highway noise.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bigthumbz73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Berea, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The check in was very bland. The check in guy was dealing with a guest before us that insisted that he had was being overcharged and was upset and the check in guy was saying that he would have to pay up and could request a refund from the manager in a few days and this went on for ten minutes or better. When he got to us he was still upset and sort of gave us the fast pass speech about the place that you get from the airline stewardess before a flight on emergency procedures trying to get rid of us as quickly as possible. Lots of noise during the evening though it did settle down about midnight some. Breakfast was pretty much gone when I got down there (at 8:30am) and I had to go to the front desk guy to get him to heat up some eggs and get some milk for the pitcher which was empty. When I was about done eating a lady shows up to work the breakfast area and cleaned up a bit. I don't know if she was housekeeping or was a missing breakfast hostess. There was no salt or pepper when requested by another guest and the front desk guy who had to come over to take care of my earlier request said that people kept stealing the shakers and there was none. I went to my truck and got some salt I kept in a cup holder and gave it to the other guest. Therefore, check in wasn't great, but OK. There was a couple of thugs hanging around outside in the parking lot that night when we arrived and I was thankfully able to park my truck under my window and watch it every so often. The room was very clean with the furniture being scuffed up some. The bathroom was very clean, but, my wife slipped in the shower and when she went to grab for the door it swung outward. She has a bad back and luckily didn't fall down in there. There was no handle in shower for safety. The ice maker wasn't working third floor and we went to the second floor for ice. Breakfast service wasn't impressive, but, the food was OK. The price I paid for the room was very good and made up for some of the lacking service during our stay. Hotel is on north side of I-64 at stoplight on the left.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank papagrit
puerto rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

after driving most of the day it was a welcome oasis. with our room saver coupon we only paid 54. with tax. even though there were no room on the first floor kberne was very helpful and gave us a room right next to the elevator. the hotel has indoor pool.

Room Tip: just ask and I am sure they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank papo55
Phillips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is fairly new and right off the highway. Room was clean, only complaint was we had a hard time getting the room cool enough. Breakfast was just ok.. But free. Would stay there again,must eat at lotta watts. Huge portions, great taste, right up the road

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoriP20
Mentone, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

On a 17 day trip east from California towing a race car back east with a friend I had booked a room here two weeks prior. I am handicapped and therefore need a ADA Shower. We did not arrive at the hotel until 10 PM, so it was difficult to find secure parking for the truck and trailer. The room was on the 3rd floor and was small, but the beds were great and we both slept well. The breakfast was very well prepared and when all was say and done this was one of the best value locations we stayed all two weeks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vettefinderjim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Happily suprised by this sleep inn right off the highway. It is really nice. No hotel smell, very clean, quiet, and pet friendly.
Only a 10$ pet fee and there is coupon in the state coupon book (found at rest stops, gas stations) for 49.99!
Definitely worth the stop if you are in the area. Traveling cross country I have paid a lot more for a lot less!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Uponastarr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

First impressions are good. Staff friendly. Room size is standard. Shower only in my room, which was fine for my needs. Not directly on the interstate, which is a good thing, but easy access on and off. I'm a business traveler and I will stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RollingRep
Also consider these accommodations in or near O'Fallon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, O'Fallon
#7 of 12 in O'Fallon
4.0 of 5 stars 58 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites O'Fallon, IL - St. Louis
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!