“Room 309”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
Flatwoods, Kentucky
“Room 309”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very impressed with room, very stylish, clean and roomy. Loved the commode height for these arthritic knees-didnt have to bend very much compared to commodes installed about a foot off the floor. Just wished the microwave and refrigerator were not under the TV stand.
Overall for the price paid I was very, very impressed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank badabing9504

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel was very clean and nice. The beds were covered with a zipper cover and a mattress pad. The price was very reasonable. The breakfast was the usual hotel breakfast but the eggs were not just scrambled eggs but cheese/egg omelets which was a nice touch. We have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1966Airstream
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We needed a motel just to sleep for one night as we were passing thru the St. Louis area. We did not want to stay very close in to St. Louis, so we picked O'fallon IL (note - there is an O'fallon IL and a near by O'fallon Mo) There seemed to be equal reviews for the Sleep inn, and Drury, and the Sleep Inn was the lower cost.. and had some reviews saying it had been remodeled - so we stayed there.

For $53 on Friday night ($59 with tax) - it was a good value for the money. However, overall the motel lacks quite a bit.

The front desk check in person was very nice and helpfull, and tried to put us into a room where we would not hear other guests.

The hallways were reasonably clean - but looked "old".

The room itself had probably been remodeled since the property was originally built, and it was OK / average. It was clean, bed was good, shower good, etc.

This hotel, like many others in this price range, is not very quiet and you can easily hear sounds from other near by guests rooms, hallway doors closing, etc. This was not a surprise to us.

We did hear a strange "clicking" sound coming from somewhere in the ceiling - not sure what that was about. Also, toilet chain broke and I had to lift the lid and pull the chain inside to flush a few times.

Biggest "negative" was a train that came thru nearby at around 4:00 AM - with whistle louding blowing - woke us up and we could not go back to sleep. When we asked the morning desk clerk if the train came thru every night, she replied "not sure".... she was in a hurry as it appeared she had front desk duties and breafkfast duty also.

Overall - if you need a place to crash for a night, and are not too particular, it's a good place for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Crossville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wow !!! What a wonderful surprise this was for us. The place is like new and the rates were the lowest around. It had an indoor pool, wonderful free breakfast and friendly and helpful staff. Everything was like brand new and the beds slept really good. I loved the showers in the rooms as well.

Why wouldn't you stay here? I know if I'm in the area again I will.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank htgolfer1
Effingham IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This Hotel Deserves 5 Stars. It has been completely renovated. Everythinh is fresh & new. Wonderful Beds & Bedding Comparible to Westins Heavenly Bed, GREAT breakfast, best coffee! Nice clean pool. The rates are wonderful. Definately will stay here again when visiting Fairview Heights!

Room Tip: As always request rooms away from the elevators ;)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
River Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here for business for 2 nights and figure that a room for $52 plus tax would be just ok, I was wrong. The room was just like the picture, the shower was quite large (I didn't even notice until I got in, from looks alone it looked standard sized), the bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. My 2nd night I had an issue with a crying kid across the hall and was immediately moved to another room without question, I was even met by a staff member (He may have been a manager, I don't remenber his name) who brought one of those luggage cart things and transported my stuff. The breakfast was good, although I only had muffins or a bagel, I am not a 'breakfast person' and the coffee was good. The I-Hop in the attached lot was convenient too since I was tired from the drive and didn't want to get back in the car. The pool was a nice bonus which I had all to myself. I am returning next week for work again and asked my company to book me here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews, but this place deserves one. We have been on the road to and from Florida for the past 11 days. This SleepInn was the best value and the most comfortable beds of our stays anywhere. The breakfast was a nice surprise, however they ran out of eggs and coffee by the time I got down to breakfast.

Stayed January 2013