“A very good stay at a nice and pet friendly hotel.”

Candlewood Suites O'Fallon
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
Lubbock, Texas
“A very good stay at a nice and pet friendly hotel.”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We are so happy to have discovered the Candlewood Suites chain on our roadtrip. On our trip we stayed at three different locations of this chain and each time had a very good experience. This was our favorite location we stayed at. Had there not been a hitch with internet connectivity we would have given it five stars across the board.

We checked in with our three beagles with a small pet fee and no problems. We made our reservations on the road from about two hours away. The desk staff was friendly. They printed out directions to a nearby liquor store for my husband. The parking lot was well lit and there was a huge designated dog walking area on a lot with a small pond. I felt safe walking my dogs around the hotel no matter what time it was.

Our suite room had a seperate livingroom/ kitchen and bedroom. In the livingroom/ kitchen there was full size fridge,stove, dishwasher, dishes, etc. was a large workspace area, and a large tv with a DVD player. In the bedroom there was a small desk, bed, dresser, nightstand, and another large TV. The rooms were spotless and smelled very good, especially for a smoking room. The bed was comfy. The hotel has a full pantry area (toiletries, snacks, tv dinners, etc.) and the prices are very reasonable (50 cents for a soda). There was a gym and a laundry facility with free washers and dryers.. you just provide the soap or buy some it the pantry. We had no outside or hallway noise in our stay. Several places for food, shopping, and gas nearby.

We did have internet problems. :( Our room was located on the fourth floor at the end of the hallway and we could not get a connection. We called the desk and asked for an ethernet cable and were told that they were all being used by other guests. The desk staff contacted tech support for us and we got a call back from them within 10 minutes. After a few minutes on the phone we were told that the server for the part of the hotel we were in was down. My husband works online while we travel so we really needed a connection. We finally got smart and took our laptop to the business center and we had great access from there and the gym as well (hubby wanted to watch baseball and could in the gym). It was an inconvienience to have to make several trips back and forth downstairs to return e-mails and download projects. But al least there was a solution to our problem. We just wish the staff had pointed it out to us instead of us having to figure it out ourselves. Hopefully this is not an ongoing problem.

The only other negative thing I can say about this chain is that you have to make ice with the icemaker in the freezer in your room. The icemaker is very slow. We just know now that when we stay with them we need to stop for a bag of ice nearby. Not a biggie for us.

After three stays in a Candlewood Suites we have decided that whenever we are on the road, dogs or not, it will be the hotel we look for first.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This place is outstanding! Yes the room was small but not too small. It has a full kitchen, complete with full size refridgerator, 2 burner stove, microwave & coffee maker. It had silverware and dishware with a dishwasher. It reminded me of our condo.

When we first made the reservation, we didn't realize that they did not have a complimentary breakfast or pool, but then they more than make up for it with the Candlewood Cupboard. This is a pantry that is downstairs in the lobby. It has everything you can think of and you can either leave the money in the drop box or fill out a slip and they'll just bill your room. I picked up some pop tarts and a cocoa for our early morning but they have stuff from soup to rice-a-roni to frozen pizza. It's a mini-store open 24 hours for your convenience. Love it!

Our room had 2 double beds, very clean bathroom, large t.v., dvd player and a huge recliner (which my husband loved). It has complimentary internet service. The in-room guide said that you needed an ethernet cable from the front desk but if your laptop has wi-fi, it connects automatically. There is a huge desk that also served as our eating table. Perfect for the 3 of us staying. We only stayed for 2 nights but had I known the place would have been this nice and this inexpensive ($70/night on a Friday & Saturday) I might have stayed longer.
The place is right of the freeway and there are restaurants, Sam's Club, Walmart Supercenter etc within a 1/2 mile of the place.

If there was anything I didn't care for it was the fact that the people above us had small children that liked to run late at night and that was a little annoying. So if you can request the 4th floor, do it. Other than that, fabulous!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Stayed here on a Friday night, Cards game that night, proms, you name it - the place was full. Checked in a little early, and called ahead, and they were kind enough to let me do that (don't know if being Priority member changed things or not). Short drive to Fairview Heights Metrolink station.
When I checked in the tub needed a little more exterior cleaning, when I checked in a got I call a few minutes after arrival to make sure all was well, mentioned the tub but said not a big deal since I checked in early, but maybe someone could clean it when I was out. Front desk sent someone up in 5 minutes, followed up by manager with points voucher. That's service!

Located close to I-64 with many dining choices, mostly fast food. More sit down choices are one exit down in Fairview. Property, as with many CS, has a nice gazebo area with grills, and a nice pet area and a sort of marshy area around the pond nearby, nice for walks and pet walking. Price was good, I would recommend the place.

Had no trouble sleeping, and I am usually a pretty light sleeper and don't do well the first night in a new place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were on the third floor and complained to no avail of rude guests above us stomping at all hours. Called the room myself and got the typical no problem. Just beware that the floors are thin and you are better served by staying on the 4th floor (the top floor). You will hear the trouncing if you are on the first, second and third floors. the rooms are clean, they have adjoining rooms for the larger families. We moved into two rooms with a family of four. the front desk is nice, but some of them are brand new and are not knowledgeable on running a hotel. they have a gas BBQ you can use. be sure to check the gas level though before you drop a steak on the grill. no pool. they do allow pets for a fee. The kitchen offers a stove top only, no oven, a micro, dishwasher and a full sized fridge with freezer. you get a coffee maker and a toaster with all the utensils to include pots and pans. the frying pans stick, so we got ourselves some no stick pans. We stayed here a month. they have a fitness center with two treadmills, a bike and a elliptical trainer and also a universal gym with leg, back, chest variations. they also have an honor system mini general store on teh first floor and have no fee DVDs available for viewing in the room.

it does get quite expensive if you stay that long, but we could not find any furnished apartments so this was the next best thing as we waited on our house to close. i would recommend this hotel only if you can get on the 4th floor. good luck and hope you find this useful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2008

My stay was pleasant, however it was expensive. When I entered my room, I don't think it was ready for guests. There were towels, hopefully clean, thrown on my bed. There were two noticeably dirty towels on the floor, no shower curtain, and my remote did not work. I was slightly dissappointed to find that there was no maid service, nor a continental breakfast. In the end it was the friendly hotel staff that made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed March 19, 2008

I felt this hotel was very centrally located to the town of Belleville, Shiloh, etc. The shopping malls are right down the road 5 mins. The hotel itself was very clean. You get cleaning service for your room once a week or more if you request it. The staff was VERY Friendly.

I stayed in the room with a kitchenette. I was able to save money shopping for groceries. I had a large refrigerator, stove, microwave and even a small coffee pot. There are small items for sale to cook downstairs. The free dvd checkout service was awesome.

The downside to staying at the hotel was although the staff was very courteous, the errors were numerous. I arrived and signed in after a nearly 24 hr travel. I found out that my reservations were not correct the next day when I was asked to check out. My reservation was originally for a week. Secondly, I asked to have the room extended for an additional week. They extended the wrong room and I was once again asked to check out. After this was corrected, and at the end of my 2.5 week stay, I found out that my room was over charged. I didnt catch this until i looked at my bill a few days later. It took another week and a half to get this resolved through the hotel manager.

Although it was all resolved. it was still disconcerting. But, I must admit, I would stay at the hotel again and recommend it. The only advice would be to check everything twice and get everything in writing up front, so there are no other issues that cant be questioned.

Stayed January 2008
Kansas City
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I have to say, this place was definitely home away from home! The rooms are large and the hotel is brand new. My kids and I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Shiloh. We got a special Government Rate. We couldn't have made a better choice! When my husband comes back, he will stay here again. Absolutely EVERYONE on staff here was extraordinarily friendly. They bend over backward to meet your needs. I read some other reviews that were posted earlier, and I must say that whatever problems they had with the earlier mananger have been rectified. The current manager is very friendly, and seems to not only make the customers stay great, but seems to be very good with his staff as welll. They all seem like a big, happy family. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The large rooms and friendly staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)