“A good Metro East choice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites O'Fallon

Candlewood Suites O'Fallon
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A good Metro East choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Stayed here on a Friday night, Cards game that night, proms, you name it - the place was full. Checked in a little early, and called ahead, and they were kind enough to let me do that (don't know if being Priority member changed things or not). Short drive to Fairview Heights Metrolink station.
When I checked in the tub needed a little more exterior cleaning, when I checked in a got I call a few minutes after arrival to make sure all was well, mentioned the tub but said not a big deal since I checked in early, but maybe someone could clean it when I was out. Front desk sent someone up in 5 minutes, followed up by manager with points voucher. That's service!

Located close to I-64 with many dining choices, mostly fast food. More sit down choices are one exit down in Fairview. Property, as with many CS, has a nice gazebo area with grills, and a nice pet area and a sort of marshy area around the pond nearby, nice for walks and pet walking. Price was good, I would recommend the place.

Had no trouble sleeping, and I am usually a pretty light sleeper and don't do well the first night in a new place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Litchfield Park, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were on the third floor and complained to no avail of rude guests above us stomping at all hours. Called the room myself and got the typical no problem. Just beware that the floors are thin and you are better served by staying on the 4th floor (the top floor). You will hear the trouncing if you are on the first, second and third floors. the rooms are clean, they have adjoining rooms for the larger families. We moved into two rooms with a family of four. the front desk is nice, but some of them are brand new and are not knowledgeable on running a hotel. they have a gas BBQ you can use. be sure to check the gas level though before you drop a steak on the grill. no pool. they do allow pets for a fee. The kitchen offers a stove top only, no oven, a micro, dishwasher and a full sized fridge with freezer. you get a coffee maker and a toaster with all the utensils to include pots and pans. the frying pans stick, so we got ourselves some no stick pans. We stayed here a month. they have a fitness center with two treadmills, a bike and a elliptical trainer and also a universal gym with leg, back, chest variations. they also have an honor system mini general store on teh first floor and have no fee DVDs available for viewing in the room.

it does get quite expensive if you stay that long, but we could not find any furnished apartments so this was the next best thing as we waited on our house to close. i would recommend this hotel only if you can get on the 4th floor. good luck and hope you find this useful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

My stay was pleasant, however it was expensive. When I entered my room, I don't think it was ready for guests. There were towels, hopefully clean, thrown on my bed. There were two noticeably dirty towels on the floor, no shower curtain, and my remote did not work. I was slightly dissappointed to find that there was no maid service, nor a continental breakfast. In the end it was the friendly hotel staff that made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2008

I felt this hotel was very centrally located to the town of Belleville, Shiloh, etc. The shopping malls are right down the road 5 mins. The hotel itself was very clean. You get cleaning service for your room once a week or more if you request it. The staff was VERY Friendly.

I stayed in the room with a kitchenette. I was able to save money shopping for groceries. I had a large refrigerator, stove, microwave and even a small coffee pot. There are small items for sale to cook downstairs. The free dvd checkout service was awesome.

The downside to staying at the hotel was although the staff was very courteous, the errors were numerous. I arrived and signed in after a nearly 24 hr travel. I found out that my reservations were not correct the next day when I was asked to check out. My reservation was originally for a week. Secondly, I asked to have the room extended for an additional week. They extended the wrong room and I was once again asked to check out. After this was corrected, and at the end of my 2.5 week stay, I found out that my room was over charged. I didnt catch this until i looked at my bill a few days later. It took another week and a half to get this resolved through the hotel manager.

Although it was all resolved. it was still disconcerting. But, I must admit, I would stay at the hotel again and recommend it. The only advice would be to check everything twice and get everything in writing up front, so there are no other issues that cant be questioned.

Stayed January 2008
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2008

I have to say, this place was definitely home away from home! The rooms are large and the hotel is brand new. My kids and I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Shiloh. We got a special Government Rate. We couldn't have made a better choice! When my husband comes back, he will stay here again. Absolutely EVERYONE on staff here was extraordinarily friendly. They bend over backward to meet your needs. I read some other reviews that were posted earlier, and I must say that whatever problems they had with the earlier mananger have been rectified. The current manager is very friendly, and seems to not only make the customers stay great, but seems to be very good with his staff as welll. They all seem like a big, happy family. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The large rooms and friendly staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

The hotel is Ok, most of the staff are pleasant, but the management is poor. If you have a complaint, for example room not being cleaned, you will be treated as though you are the problem. I think any complaints are thrown in the trash and ignored. If you don't need a kitchen, there are much better places in the area and the prices are better.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank susiewooIllinois

Travelers are raving about these O'Fallon hotels

America
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2006

It's always nice to stay in a brand new hotel. This one has a DVD lending library, which was nice. They had no breakfast, continental or otherwise. They are suites with kitchenettes so maybe that is why. The weirdest thing is that there is no ice machine. There IS a small icemaker in the fridge in the room. It was turned off when we checked in. I turned it on and it dumped the ice that was in there. The ice was stale and tasted bad. It made ice in about 2 hours. That gave us 10 ice cubes. The maker never did catch up while we were there. It was July and hot. They need an ice machine!!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank snoof