“Wonderful food! Great for a special occasion”
Review of The Mansion

The Mansion
Ranked #8 of 97 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are seafood, steak and pasta restaurant with creative feature dishes. Jerry Conway is the co-owner and executive chef at The Mansion. He has worked at many fine dining establishments in his 25 years of being a chef, most notably he owned and operated The Cypress Room in Crystal River Florida and was an executive chef at Disney World. At Disney he was in charge of Epcot, The Magic Kingdom, The Royal Floridian and Disney's annual Wine and Cheese Festival. Chef Conway has had several recipes patented and became famous for his Sicilian Steak and Shea-Crab Soup at The Cypress Room, both of which are offered as Specials at The Mansion. The Mansion was built in 1857 by A.J. Wastfield, an independently wealthy farmer who built it for his fiance Elisie Osbourn of Lebanon. AJ's passion was politics, Abraham Lincoln was their most notable guest at their home. The Mansion was a stop on the underground railroad, the removable stairs that lead to the widows peak still remain as a reminder. At the age of 37 tragedy struck when A.J. Was fatally injured in a threshing machine accident on Nov. 15, 1866. He was survived by his wife and two young children, Walter and Julia. Elisie and her children continued to live in the Mansion for many years. The Mansion is currently owned and operated by Kathy Cox and Jerry Conway. The Mansion received a St. Clair County Landmark Award in 1963 from the St. Clair County Historical Society. Please come by and see what we have to offer, you will be glad you did! We are very proud of The Mansion and the history behind it. If you are interested in a short tour of The Mansion after your meal, please ask your server.
O'Fallon, Illinois, USA
“Wonderful food! Great for a special occasion”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been here twice and had a steak both times. Food was wonderful, atmosphere was great. The food is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. And it is worth it. The service is great. I can not wait to go back again.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Nymeria88

St. Louis
“Paulo's Good but Pricey!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I recently went to Paulo's on 28 April. There was a group of 4 couples totaling 8 people for a birthday dinner celebration. We made reservations as I had been told it was difficult to get in if you didn't have them. The restaurant is beautiful, and has an incredibly inviting cozy environment. We were immediately seated with no issue.
The waiter was extremely polite and punctual to the table for appetizer and drink orders. The appetizer and drinks came out in a timely fashion, which was expected. The one critique I have of the waiter was that he was not well versed on the specials of the day. He had a script in his order book, and had difficulty portraying it to the table of people.
Although the food was well cooked and had an excellent flavor, it was more costly than what I consider a good deal. My wife and I had two entrée’s with salad and regular side. I also had two beers and she had a coke. The total bill (for just my wife and me) with the required gratuity for parties over six was $95. Some others in our party also had appetizers and wine which brought their bills close to $150.
I've had better steaks, but they weren't served in better environments.
If you’re in the mood for good food and intimate atmosphere, and don’t mind paying for it, this location is perfect.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank timothy w
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Place to Celebrate an Occasion”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I went here with only 5 other family members for my mother's birthday. We made reservations and were given Betty's Room for our private dining pleasure. It was cozy and it made the occasion seem even more special. Its pricey, but we all thoroughly enjoyed appetizers, main course and split a dessert. The wine selection was good, too. I enjoyed my Rebecca's Linguine. We all ordered different items and there were no complaints. Service was very good. It was nice not to have to drive all the way into St. Louis for some fine dining.

• Visited April 2012
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went there for a birthday dinner. I'm going back more than once a year. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Great service. The chef comes by personally, not just some manager.

Food was fantastic!!!!!!

1 Thank wjs225
O"Fallon IL
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Fantastic upscale food. Priced right. Wonderful atmosphere. Best restaurant on IL east side from Saint Louis MO

• Visited July 2011