“good stop on business”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Detroit, Michigan
“good stop on business”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

i was in town for business and this restaurant was recommended by a local. i ordered a two meat plate of chicken and pork. The pork was some of the best I've had (5 stars) but I would skip the chicken (2-3 stars) next time around. i'd recommend you ask for the "magic dust" and sauce on the side as it is available at the table. i may return the next time i'm in town, but i wouldnt say it is worth a special trip. the service was great to start but disappeared when it was time to pay. overall closer to a 3.5

• Visited January 2013

“Great eats even though slightly dry ribs”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Good food and cool atmosphere. Always on the hunt for good ribs. They're good here as long as you lather them up with the table barbecue sauce. Sides were good (green beans, fried okra, and Mac)

Franklin, Illinois, USA
“Glad we found this place”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Looking for a place to eat before heading to a show in St Louis. We saw this restaurant, turned around and went back. So glad we did. We later learned they are well known for their barbecue. My husband had the brisket while I had the walleye. Both were excellent.

Visited December 2012
Illinois
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our whole family enjoys the BBQ! 17th street most certainly deserves their great reputation, and the negative reviews surprised me too! We have enjoyed great BBQ all over the world, and 17th street is high on our list!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank beekeepers77
Virginia
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had heard a lot of good things about this restaurant and were eager to try it but we left very disappointed. Even though we could only see one other couple in the entire restaurant the service was very inattentive. The waitress seemed to get a little annoyed at us for asking questions about the menu items. I ordered the “Famous 17th Street Barbecue Pork sandwich” with hushpuppies and baked beans as sides. The pork was good, but I didn’t really care for their version of barbecue sauce and there was no other option. The baked beans tasted like they had been on a stove for a couple of days and the hushpuppies were just okay. I didn’t finish eating all of my food if that tells you anything. I will not eat here again.

• Visited November 2012