“Glad we found this place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Franklin, Illinois, USA
“Glad we found this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Looking for a place to eat before heading to a show in St Louis. We saw this restaurant, turned around and went back. So glad we did. We later learned they are well known for their barbecue. My husband had the brisket while I had the walleye. Both were excellent.

Visited December 2012

Illinois
“Great BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our whole family enjoys the BBQ! 17th street most certainly deserves their great reputation, and the negative reviews surprised me too! We have enjoyed great BBQ all over the world, and 17th street is high on our list!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank beekeepers77
Virginia
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had heard a lot of good things about this restaurant and were eager to try it but we left very disappointed. Even though we could only see one other couple in the entire restaurant the service was very inattentive. The waitress seemed to get a little annoyed at us for asking questions about the menu items. I ordered the “Famous 17th Street Barbecue Pork sandwich” with hushpuppies and baked beans as sides. The pork was good, but I didn’t really care for their version of barbecue sauce and there was no other option. The baked beans tasted like they had been on a stove for a couple of days and the hushpuppies were just okay. I didn’t finish eating all of my food if that tells you anything. I will not eat here again.

• Visited November 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Championship food?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ordered the three meat plate and shared with my wife. The optional veggie was a very small bowl of green beans. We got the ribs,brisket,and turkey. All three were terrible! I can't understand how Mike Mills won all these awards with this mess.I think the turkey was sliced processed. Nothing tasted the way it should have. The only sauce available was a sort of Carolina mustard I think. I have eaten bbq from all over the country and this is among the worst. Just because you have won some bbq championships that doesn't mean you can run a restaurant. Stay away!

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Clinton, Ohio
“Awesome BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

The negative reviews surprised me. Our experience was fantastic...huge portions with good service. Favorite BBQ joints are a personal thing obviously. I have sought out BBQ all over the country, and for my money, this is among the best. I do understand the the awards and fanfare associated with it.

• Visited October 2012