“Not Worth Awards”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Peotone, Illinois
“Not Worth Awards”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Saw this place on the Travel Channel. Did not expect the very horrible service. There were 4 other families in the restaurant and we had to wait 10 minutes for a table for 2. We saw our server a total of 5 times (took our order, delivered our food, 1 drink refill, brought our check and brought the credit receipt). The meat lacks real BBQ or smoky flavor, and the BBQ sauce is VERY bland. The mac n cheese, baked beans, and chili were very good.

Will not return or recommend to anyone.

• Visited September 2012

Indio, California
“Late night appetizers”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Heard a lot about the 17th Street Bar & Grill. Just won an award for ribs. It was late and we just had appetizers. Had breaded and deep fried Crayfish tails. Very good and a great price. The bartender told us the restaurant was always busy and the ribs were great. Have to take his word on that.

Visited June 2012
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Don't go!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

When I first got here someone bragged about their clam chowder so had to go. It was OK at best. I've tried this place five times and all five times the service was bad...inattentive and the food was blah. Won't give it another chance.

• Visited August 2011
Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Good food, huge portions, for a great price.”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We ate here on the night of June 17th on the way back from St. Louis. I had a full pound of pulled pork with two sides for only $11.99. This was enough meat for 4-6 people. It was also very good. My son had the Grand Champion Plate, which includes samples of six meats and two sides for $21.99. It was also much more than one person can eat and he said it was all very good. The only possible down side is that the sauces were more vinegar based, which is fine with me, but some may not care for. Our server was very helpful and attentive. We are looking forward to our next trip. The sauces are the only thing that is keeping me from giving an excellent rating.

• Visited June 2012
illinois
“Fathers day wait.”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Went after church on father's day I was craving ribs. Sunday is their fried chicken special day. I ordered ribs, wife ordered pulled pork, and my daughter ordered the chicken. 45 minutes later they say that the chicken still isn't ready and it will be ready soon they brought the rest of the order. Never did get the chicken, never saw a manger come to apologize and offer some compensation. My ribs were a bit dry but the fact that the manager didn't come out left a worse taste in my mouth. I will not return or recommend it to anyone based on that. Not blaming the waitress she did what she could.

• Visited June 2012