“Family visit in a quiet clean place”
Review of Super 8 O'Fallon

Super 8 O'Fallon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
South Bend, Indiana
“Family visit in a quiet clean place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had to find a hotel at the last minute so we went through Hotwire and chose by the price of the room. I have never heard of the Settle Inn so I went to the trip advisor reviews. I liked the latest reviews of the Settle Inn but was still a leery because of older reviews.
Do not look at the older reviews!! The Inn was very nice. The people that worked there were very friendly & helpful. The room was very clean, bed was very clean & comfortable, I liked the soft pillows and actually slept all night long the first night of our three night stay.
There was new carpeting in our room and the hallways. We did not notice any cigarette smoke in the room or hallways like someone said in earlier reviews, I think they are non-smoking rooms now. The bathroom was cleaned everyday and we were given fresh clean towels each day. The breakfast was your typical continental breakfast with plenty of variety.
It was off the beaten path but easy to find and away from the noise of the highway. The room was also quiet. I would defiantly recommend the Settle Inn to anyone passing through the St. Louis,Belleville, Collinsvile, Fairview Heights area. Make sure if handicapped our problems climbing stairs ask for room on first floor since there is no elevator.

Room Tip: If handicapped or unable to climb stairs request a 1st floor room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Denise Z, General Manager at Super 8 O'Fallon, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your very nice review, it is greatly appreciated. I do hope that you will come back and see us in the future.

Denise Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2013

When we visit family in the O'Fallon area, we need a pet-friendly place to stay. We have tried a couple other places, but this is by far the most reasonable and well kept! It is clean, the staff is friendly and we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, and thank you for your kind words, they are very appreciated. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Denise Z
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed April 16, 2013

When my brother passed away in September several members of my family had to travel to O'Fallon for his funeral. I reserved four rooms and had no problems checking in or out. They give you vouchers for free breakfast and discount pizza coupons at a little rest. next door, we didn't take advantage of the breakfast, but did the pizza and it was good. Had I known there were no elevators I would have insisted on a first floor room for my 75 year old mother who cannot do stairs very well. We didn't ask, but the front desk staff didn't offer the fact either (that there were no elevators) so we walked around the hotel, with all our luggage, looking for the elevator. The beds were comfortable and the shower was decent enough for the price you pay. The vestibules between the lobby and the room hallways were extremely hot, like an oven. Overall, this hotel is worth what you pay for it.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Denise Z, General Manager at Super 8 O'Fallon, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Settle Inn & Suites. It is always good to hear feedback on good points as well as bad points to know where we can improve to make your stay more enjoyable. We have made and are in the process of making more improvements. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was traveling through the O'fallon area and failed to look at the reviews on here. Good thing I didn't because if so I would not have chose this hotel. I had a very quite and enjoyable stay. Wifi helped me get my business work done.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback on the Settle Inn & Suites. It is always good to hear from the guests on good points as well as bad so that we know where we can improve to make the guests stay more enjoyable. I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future, we are making improvements within the hotel that we are very excited about.
St Louis, MO
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I read other reviews on this hotel, and almost didn't stay here. However, it was budget friendly and we needed to book more than one room. The staff was super friendly & helpful. Very accommodating for all of our needs. The facility is a little dated, but NOTHING in this place was dirty. Its very well maintained & CLEAN! Very secure and convenient location. Our families will all be staying again.

Room Tip: No fitness room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is always nice to hear how the guests enjoyed their stay. I hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future. We are in the process of making some changes that we are really excited about.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel due to a priceline oops. Wish we had known more before we made the jump. Time was not on our side.
The upside to this place is the free breakfast at the nearby restaurant, safety, location, clothes washing facilities, and pleasant staff. The musty odor and dated facilities take this out of the running for a three star rating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We needed a place to stay one night on our trip down to Nashville and did not want to stay in St. Louis. The Settle Inn in O'Fallon IL was the perfect solution. We checked in with a nice lady and were pleasantly surprised with the rooms after reading some of the other reviews. It may need some updating, but was extremely clean. I always check the bedding before getting in, and the sheets were crisp with a clean scent. The restaurant next door had wonderful food and in addition to the free breakfast, they hotel provided a discount coupon for a different meal. Yum! Since the hotel is by the highway, I was worried about noise, but did not hear a thing in the room. Will definately stay again on future trips to Nashville.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family