“Hotel needs some maintenance and good housekeeping.”
Review of Hilton Northbrook

Hilton Northbrook
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Hotel needs some maintenance and good housekeeping.”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

A once fine hotel has gone to seed. Our rooms were poorly maintained (carpet worn, mold in the bath/shower area) and the cleaning staff apparently doesn't know how to use a vacuum cleaner or pick-up dirty towels (they put face clothes that were soiled and on the floor back on the bathroom skink for use. Unbelievable!) We were disappointed to say the least since we use to use this hotel for business because it was at one time a very fine and well maintained hotel. Age and poor maintenance has taken its toll.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Gary S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Fresno, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Room had a muggy smell like the rug was just cleaned & wasnt aired out. The linens werent changed out each night. Just wasnt comfortable. Found a spider in my room, not good. My iron didnt work & called to get a new one before i left for meeting. I never got my iron on time. the service desk was rude to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to me and allowing me to follow up with our pest control company, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know.
Minnetonka Beach, Minnesota
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this property for two nights. The hotel property is old and so are the rooms. One of our rooms smelled. The bathroom is very small. The beds are not very comfortable. The towels need to be replaced. It is hard to believe this is the number one hotel in the Northbrook area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We'd love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were only there for one night but we loved the hotel. The bed was comfortable, the view from the window was stunning. We upgraded our room so we could get a whirlpool tub and it wasn't that much more expensive and definitely worth it. We got our own AC unit in the room and black out curtains on the windows. We were extremely satisfied.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Have a Great summer 2014..
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The staff were wonderful very friendly and helpful , my room was clean and I felt safe. The have a shuttle but I did not utilize the shuttle. The location is close to the train (which the shuttle will drive you to and pick you up) if you would like to go downtown. I was able to use the concierge level multiple times, nice business center and good food. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Have a great day and upcoming 4th of July weekend...
Pawcatuck, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My room was just outside the elevators so I heard everyone coming and going into late evening/early morning hours. Each night I was awaken by the rude, incosiderate guests...loud neighbors, use of cell phones at 1 am in the morning outside my door, another guest banging on my door and attempting to gain entry at midnight into my room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
Dubuque, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hotel is close to the interstate and easy to get to. Very good and clean, typical Hilton hotel quality. Staff is very nice and the restaurant has very good food. Room service is prompt and accommodating if you have special requests. Convenient little store in the hotel for snacks. If you are into eating breakfast, the restaurant has a good buffet, and Wed steak night is very, very good, try the rib eye! There is a nice patio area outside to relax. The front desk staff is very welcoming.

Have a great summer 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!