“My Favorite Local Getaway”
Review of Hilton Northbrook

Hilton Northbrook
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've been coming here for over 7 years, and it's great for a getaway weekend. I enjoy the ambiance of the hotel, the food and beverages at Allgauer's are first rate, the rooms are quiet and comfortable, and I always enjoy the indoor pool and exercise facilities. The staff are friendly and professional, and many have remembered me and welcomed me back on later visits. This past weekend was no exception, and I was even given an upgrade on my room for no additional charge. I highly recommend the Northbrook Hilton!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the forest are especially nice (and even more so on higher floors).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Have a great summer 2014..

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a first rate hotel. All accommodations are first class. Very good breakfast buffet and made to order omelets. Staff were quick to meet all of my needs and requests. Quiet rooms - did not even hear any of my neighbors in my entire 9 day stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed only one night but was impressed with the facility. It is not a resort, it is a conference site and good place to be if you have to stay in the area. My room was spacious and full of amenities. The bed was great. The food was good and prices fair for the area.
I went to the hot tub in the pool area and it was one of the best ever. Better than some spas I have been in. Many jets at all different angles. However be careful on the pool deck as it was slippery. The gym is not huge but nice and was clean.

Room Tip: Pay the up charge to stay on or access the executive lounge. "Finger food" in the evening...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Have a Great summer 2014..

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was our fourth time staying at the Hilton Chicago Northbrook. The entire experience from the time we walk in the door to the time we leave is always an amazing experience. Everyone from the bellman to housekeeping is always friendly & courteous, truly makes us feel at home. We can never get enough of Frank's Place & Allgauer's on the River. The Sunday Brunch & the Cheesecake are our favorites. The staff informed us that they make all of the deserts from scratch in house and that they have their own bakery that is separate from the main kitchen. Now I know why it is so good. I definitely would recommend this hotel and if your in the area you really need to stop in and try the food, I guarantee you will be amazed! Thanks again to the entire staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Have a Great summer 2014..

Thanks again for the amazing review...

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel for my son's wedding. When we told them my son and his new bride would spend their honeymoon night at the hotel, they immediately upgraded their room to the Honeymoon Suite and included a cheese/fruit tray and bottle of wine in their room for no extra charge. It was such a nice treat for them!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights.Room was very clean and updated.All room amenities were great too. The overall hotel look was updated and clean as well. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it's a little pricey for a buffet. I attended a conference at the hotel and the cocktail hour food was excellent. The only negative I have for this hotel is the workout room is way too small for the clientele and size of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Have a great summer 2014

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Wonderful place to stay.. I highly recommend this hotel for all business stays. All rooms have a good view and are very clean; in-room dining is very good - both in terms of the options and the price. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful; the lady at the restuarant could pass off as a bouncer in terms of her demeanor when taking your order and conduct therafter; but that was the only blemish in an otherwise pleasant stay.

Have a great summer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!