“Great hotel!!!”
Review of Hilton Northbrook

Hilton Northbrook
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great hotel and rooms. The surroundings are really pacefull, the breakfast is tremendous and the services are 5*.

Highly recommended if you are making business near the hotel since Chicago downtown is pretty far.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Good afternoon and thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to give the hotel such a good review..

We have many improvements through out the past year we are glad to see the positive effect it has on our Guests.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The seeting of the room was quite strange: a tiny bathroom with nothing to hang towels, so small that it was difficult to go to the shower.
The shower had stains on the wall.
Internet access was quite slow
Staff at the desk was helpful, but the cleaning lady forgot to put new cups in the room and tea bags.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hippolinae
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Hello,
Good morning and thank you for staying with us, I would like to sincerly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered.

I reviewed your comments and wanted to let you know that there are towel hooks on the back side of the bathroom doors.

The Internet can be quickly accessed by skipping the left side of the payment option and go to the bottom right side of the page click on payment option..

This will enable you to access the Internet within 30 seconds.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice hotel, stayed on the Hilton Honors premier member floor, which provided complimentary in room wi-fi, but slowed considerably at the end of the day. Room was well appointed with a separate walled off area for the sink apart from the toilet and bathtub. This area offered a microwave and mini fridge. Though a decent room, it was not a substitute for an extended stay, such as my case of 9 nights. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet being on the 9th floor.

The front desk was always helpful, quick to arrange transport to local places and centres of transportation if within a five mile radius, handy to go visit area restaurants and not have to rely on expensive delivery. If you are without a car, the Holiday Inn across the car park offers a pub and food service such as pizza, buffalo chicken wings and the like.

Frank's Place became a regular stopping place, after a long day's work..and especially if time was short before evening in-hotel meetings. I would recommend their appetizers such as the sliders, soups or pulled pork sandwich if you a looking for lighter evening fare. I subscribed to the full breakfast buffet each morning, and this proved to be delicious, satisfying and with plenty of hot breakfast choices. Service was prompt and friendly. Alluger's Restaurant also offers various dinner specials throughout the week and weekend lunch buffets. The later was a tad expensive.

Meeting spaces utilized are typical of any Hilton, as were break services. The pool was just renovated along with a small jacuzzi and uses salt water treatment rather than chlorine. Though I did not use, the fitness centre overlooks the pool area.

All in all, a good hotel, well situated to where I needed to be and a good value, clean, quiet, good food and service with a positive attitude!

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from Milwaukee Boulevard and the lifts.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello,
Good afternoon and thank you for always choosing our Hotel..

We appreciate you taking the time to give the hotel and services such a good review..

I will share your review with our Team at this weeks staff meeting..

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed at this property 3 or 4 times and it will be my first choice when I go back to Chicagoland. Here are my top 3 reasons:

3) Excellent rooms. While the bathrooms are tight (with the sink outside the actual toilet/shower facility; I personally don't like being on a carpeted area when I dry my hair or brush my teeth), the rooms are very spacious and well appointed: fridge, great Lavazza coffee pods, cozy robes, iron/ironing board, a really decent 1875 watt hair dryer (not one of those cheap and noisy wall units that take three times the amount of time to actually dry your mane), huge flat screen TV, nice spacious desk, armchair, very comfortable bed, and always immaculate upon arrival.

2) Good hotel amenities. A very good (for a hotel) fitness room with pretty new treadmills and other equipment, and a very very nice swimming pool area with a sauna, etc.; good and spacious bar and decent restaurant. Very good business center with good copiers/printers etc. and several 'workstations." Unlike my experiences at other hotels, I have never had the pressure of another guest breathing down my neck to get on a computer or copier here.

1) The STAFF. Very friendly and accommodating, but also savvy enough to go the extra mile. I made a passing complaint to a manager about early morning staff noise and food smells having disturbed my stay along with minor trouble I;d had with Internet access (these were minor annoyances, not disastrous inconveniences); not only did I get solutions to my problems, but the manager sent a personal note of apology along with a bottle of wine and a cheese platter to my room that evening. WOW. THAT impressed me and erased any negative impressions I may have formed that day. Send that manager to teach a seminar for hoteliers on customer service and building loyalty, because, for the cost of one bottle of wine and a few slices of cheese and crackers, he just sealed his grip on the holy grail of any business: customer loyalty.

The only reason I don't give this hotel 5 stars is the quality of the food: it's tasty but a little bit Costco... high on sodium and mass-produced.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
bobmsmith, Director Room Divsion at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us such a thorough review

Gary Sutton was the Front Office Manager that assisted you

He is one of our Top Performer's and his efforts obviously have not gone un- noticed

I will make sure to recognize him at this weeks staff meeting

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Hilton Northbrook has several good things going for it. Good food for breakfast, Great Service from the front desk, nice bar for light dinner fare, Great Restaurant for a Real Sit-down Dinner.

I had to take care of some unplanned emergencies (putting out fires for my team at work) while I was there, and I was able to be more effective in my work because I had a solid team backing me up in my 'Home away from Home."

The room had ample space to work at my desk or relax after work, and when I needed a quick ride the airport, they had me covered with a reliable car service at a reasonable price available on demand within a short 15-20 min.

Thanks Hilton Staff - You've done it again!

Room Tip: Rooms with 'forest view' are preferred. Restaurant is excellent for dinner.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review

I will share your comments with our team at next weeks staff meeting

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business meetings and have never been disappointed. It is well run and maintained, and the meeting rooms are welled prepared. The
staff are very nice and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Good afternoon and thank you for staying with us, we value your loyalty & patronage

I appreciate you taking the the time to give us such a good review

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I travel to this location everytime we need to take a quick break and get some alone time in from the kids. This hotel is always nice, clean with comfortable rooms and the food is great. My only complaint is the service....we had a Romance Package with in room breakfast the next morning and the staff gave us the wrong vouchers upon arrival so that was a lot of back & forth hassel about what package was reserved and after dinner our trays from the night before were left at our door all night and never picked up. The following morning we were waiting for breakfast wondering why it had not came just to find out our menu request was never picked up. Just too many hassels for a "supposedly" relaxing break my wife and I needed. They dropped the ball too many times for me but I came back to give them another chance, but We won't be back for a long time. Tired of the same bland forest view rooms as well.

Room Tip: Try to always make sure you are getting EXACTLY what you reserve because this location has a tendacy...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grant Karla T
bobmsmith, Director Room Divsion at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I thank you for selecting us for such a special occasion and I truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you and your wife had some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the lack of attention you received from our staff. I am sorry if you there was some misunderstandings regarding your voucher and I can assure you that I have spoken to our staff regarding your comments. Your satisfaction is my number one priority and I will definitely keep you feedback in mind to improve our guests experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!