I have stayed at this property 3 or 4 times and it will be my first choice when I go back to Chicagoland. Here are my top 3 reasons:
3) Excellent rooms. While the bathrooms are tight (with the sink outside the actual toilet/shower facility; I personally don't like being on a carpeted area when I dry my hair or brush my teeth), the rooms are very spacious and well appointed: fridge, great Lavazza coffee pods, cozy robes, iron/ironing board, a really decent 1875 watt hair dryer (not one of those cheap and noisy wall units that take three times the amount of time to actually dry your mane), huge flat screen TV, nice spacious desk, armchair, very comfortable bed, and always immaculate upon arrival.
2) Good hotel amenities. A very good (for a hotel) fitness room with pretty new treadmills and other equipment, and a very very nice swimming pool area with a sauna, etc.; good and spacious bar and decent restaurant. Very good business center with good copiers/printers etc. and several 'workstations." Unlike my experiences at other hotels, I have never had the pressure of another guest breathing down my neck to get on a computer or copier here.
1) The STAFF. Very friendly and accommodating, but also savvy enough to go the extra mile. I made a passing complaint to a manager about early morning staff noise and food smells having disturbed my stay along with minor trouble I;d had with Internet access (these were minor annoyances, not disastrous inconveniences); not only did I get solutions to my problems, but the manager sent a personal note of apology along with a bottle of wine and a cheese platter to my room that evening. WOW. THAT impressed me and erased any negative impressions I may have formed that day. Send that manager to teach a seminar for hoteliers on customer service and building loyalty, because, for the cost of one bottle of wine and a few slices of cheese and crackers, he just sealed his grip on the holy grail of any business: customer loyalty.
The only reason I don't give this hotel 5 stars is the quality of the food: it's tasty but a little bit Costco... high on sodium and mass-produced.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Northbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Northbrook Hotel Northbrook
- Northbrook Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Northbrook