“Clean, comforatable and helpful staff”

Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean, comforatable and helpful staff”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed one night on businness and after a hard day of travel due to snow storm it was nice to spend the evening in a nice hotel. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and staff made sure the room was to my liking!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DickTurner, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Dear donnajean64,
Thank you very much for your complimentary review! We appreciate the positive feedback and your business. If you think this bed was comfortable, wait until you try our new beds arriving in May!
Dick Turner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Chicago
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times this year and have always had a great experience. The hotel is located about 30 miles from downtown Chicago right off the Edens expressway. This is a great hotel for a weekend getaway. It's close enough to Chicago to go there if you want or you can just relax at the hotel like I do.

There is plenty of shopping and restaurants near the hotel and there is also a Ruth Chris restaurant located in the hotel. Although I am from Chicago, I don't know much about this area, but the hotel staff provided recommendations and directions when I did venture out. The Chicago Botanical Garden is nearby which is a great place to visit anytime of the year.

I admit from the outside the hotel doesn't look that great, but that changes as soon as you enter.The hotel lobby is very nice and there is a great lobby bar. The front desk personnel are very friendly and now recognize me and welcome me back. The hotel does have a pool, but I haven't been in it. The room itself is a nice size and the 2 beds fit without the room feeling crowded. There is a flat screen TV, 40" or 42", and there is even room for a small sitting area. What can I say about the bed except that it was divine and I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I was last at the hotel on New Year's Eve and even though the hotel did not have a party, the bar was open and a good time was had by all. The bartender had several wine recommendations for me which were great.

The hotel is being renovated now so I can't wait to go back to see what was done.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank skierpat
Dear skierpat,
Thanks so much for your detailed review and compliments! The team is always encouraged by positive feedback.
Please tell us, what is your favorite ski resort?
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We had a very positive experience, the facility is pleasant in every way.

The staff was very helpful and they even went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. I wan unable to find my eyeliner and thought it could have been inadvetantly thrown in the trash or something. After exhausting all the places it could have been (including checking the trash in the laundry room), the Hotel Manager took it on himself to purchace one for me.
I took it back to him after having found my lost one!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Accomodations were excellent. From the comfort of the rooms to the eclectic lobby bar, the hospitality of the staff was comforting. Convenient to expressway and not a very far trip to the city! Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
DickTurner, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear FJT14,
Thank you very much for your endorsement! Please come back soon.
Kind regards,
Scranton, Pa
Reviewed February 7, 2011

There are two towers, best to stay in one further from the interstate. great concierge service. Ruth's Chris restaurant is great

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear Timlind,
Thank you very much for your nice review! We appreciate the encouraging words!
Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I got a really great rate which included a breakfast buffet. I live in downtown Chicago and the short drive to Northbrook was easy on a Saturday afternoon. The hotel is located just off the expressway, a great location with free parking. We checked in and noticed the inviting bar and loung area in the lobby. In the room I was delighted that the heat was on and everything was very clean. Then we went downstairs to the lounge and enjoyed fabulous appetizers and beer. We then ordered dinner and requested it to go so that we could eat in the room. The staff was more than friendly and was very attentive. We ate heartily and the total bill was extrememly reasonable for such great food and service. In the morning we had the breakfast buffet which was magnificent and once again we were impressed with the service and food quality. Checkout was simple and we did it with the TV inour room. It was a great weekend and a special treat. Thanks to all at the hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear bwhite4,
Thank you very much for your kind review! Please come back to visit soon!
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Renaissance Chicago North Shore is a very nice place to stay. The staff is always friendly. It is close to great places to eat and shop.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Near North Side
The Langham, Chicago
The Langham, Chicago
#2 of 188 in Chicago
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,257 reviews

Been to Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!