All reviews ruth's chris north shore front desk staff botanical gardens pancetta the concierge lounge aveda products nice hotel free parking small bathroom lobby area breakfast buffet would definitely stay here again indoor pool mini fridge shuttle service fitness center
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

I like this Hotel
This is not my first visit and it will not be my last
It's an older hotel but well-kept
The housekeeping is exceptional.
The front desk staff is superb -friendly and efficient.
They always do their best to meet special requests.
The food for Hotel food is rather good.
You do also have an option of a Ruth Chris steakhouse on premises.
The fitness center is the weather good and the pool even though I've never used it is convenient for use.
This hotel is good for the families, business travelers and couples

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Dear Bruce3134,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am very glad to hear that you were once again satisfied with your experience and the service our team provided during your visit. I will make sure to share your feedback with our team. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

What a find. Who knew that a 'chain' hotel could have a great 'boutique' feel. The purple chairs in the lobby are awesome. I felt that I should have been paying more for this hotel than what I actually did. Staff was great and attentive. Definitely on my list to stay again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

Dear ldiastx,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are very glad to hear that you pleased with your experienced and the service our staff extended to you during your stay. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

I must note that, as I am writing this review, I have waited approximately 2 hours and counting for the hotel to respond to a simple inquiry about a forgotten object in my room.

With that being said, the property is about what you'd expect from a renaissance and everything is relatively well maintained. The rooms could use a facelift but there are multiple towers--I do not know how our room would compare to others.

Try to avoid eating any meals at the hotel...with Chicago so close there's no excuse for finding a better option.

Date of stay: February 2017
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Dear Daniel B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! On behalf of the hotel I apologize for the delay in correspondence regarding the item you left behind at the hotel. If for some reason a member of our team has not been in contact with you, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I would be glad to assist. I am glad to hear that you felt the hotel was well maintained and met your expectations of a Renaissance Hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Chicago area.

Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food service during our conference. Service was excellent. Fitness Center has cardio, weight machines and stretching area. Computers are available in business area. Guest laundry is $2 for washers, free dryers. Rental car service is available. Ruth's Chris steakhouse on premises.

Rooms are standard. Small bathroom. Housekeeping service was variable but not bad. Note if you are on the second floor you will hear parties in the ballrooms. Request upper floors. In-room heater was fairly loud.

Room service was excellent. Prompt and friendly. Again, food quality is outstanding.

I would recommend a stay and especially for a conference.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Dear DrSandyD,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback after your recent extended stay with us! I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with the service our team provided you during your recent visit. I'm also pleased to hear that you were able to utilize some of the amenities we provide and found that they were convenient and met your needs. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Chicago North Shore Area!

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and it was a great stay. Upon arrival we were greeted immediately by Jim the Bellhop. He was friendly and super helpful. We told him we were seeing a show later and he was quick to let us know that he would be more than happy to shuttle us to the venue. Check in was quick and easy and Jim helped us to our rooms with our bags. The room was very comfy and the bed was great. The second shift bellhop Tony was just as amazing. He picked us up from the venue and recommended a great place for dinner. He called the restaurant and got us a table immediately. He shuttled us to the restaurant and made sure we were seated and taken care of before he left for the hotel. Once we were finished with dinner we called Tony and within minutes he was back to pick us up. Once back at the hotel he gave us tickets for a free drink at the hotel bar. Our room came with free breakfast which was fantastic. Good food, good coffee and good service. Hotel was easily accessible to the interstate, great shopping and great restaurants.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Dear Erinn O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay with us. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and Jim and Tony were able to assist in making your stay an enjoyable one. I'll make sure to share your feedback with them as it is feedback such as this that motivates our team to continue to provide an exceptional level of service for our guests. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to take care of you again in the future!