“Customer Service is Alive at The Renaissance”

Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Customer Service is Alive at The Renaissance”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

From the time you step out of the cab until you get back in the cab to leave, this property exemplifies what customer service should be and is. The staff was genuine and accommodating in every way. The room was clean as well as the whole property. The food was excellent and they had a very lively bar with music. This is the place to stay if you're in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rik B, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear smiller560,
Thank you! I am fortunate to have such a great team working with me, and I always appreciate it when they are recognized for what they do so well. Your review is now posted on our staff message board, along with my thanks for a job well done.
Thank you again and I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future!
All my best,
Rik Blyth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Just checked out and want to tell everyone how great this hotel is. The front desk staff was beyond spectacular and the housekeepers and maintenance folks always had a smile and a greeting. This is the way a hotel should be operated. The physical property was in good shape. The bedding is the best. If you are traveling to this area, you cannot go wrong with booking this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Inthekeysfornow,
Thank you for the excellent review and recommendation! I agree, our staff do separate us from other lodging choices, and I have shared your kind remarks with all of them.
We hope to welcome you back next time you travel to the Northern climes!
Best Regards,
Seattle
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was at this hotel for a meeting and stayed for 4 nights. The beds were wonderful. A nice lounge, with a Ruth's Chris attached as well as another restaurant for some mid-priced choices. The Northbrook area is very nice, The only downside was all of the road construction on the way but not the fault of the hotel. I would recommend.

Room Tip: Top floor and take the stairs
Dear BothellEnglandLover,
Thank you! I greatly appreciate that you took the time to write this review and was happy to read that we took good care of you, and that you enjoyed your stay.
I do hope you have the chance to return to Northbrook and that you choose to stay with us again.
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were only here for one night, but WOW everyone from the front desk (where they explained that the rewards club was free and we could get free internet in our room if we signed up), to the great fitness center (brand new machines) to the house keeping lady in the hall (just pleasant), to the service in the bar/lounge (Making my one of a kind martini and having Macallan 12 scotch), to getting coffee to go in the morning (no charge, thank you) , to checking out (and being able to arrange a late check out).

Good customer service isn't dead just hiding in this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: We had a king corner room. Very spacious and a great price.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Susie1110,
"Gem of a hotel"... I can't ask for a better recommendation than that! Thank you so much for all of your positive comments, I have taken the liberty of sharing them with the entire staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best regards,
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and the staff made me feel at home. I was so pleased with the service! Tara, Chris, and Jesus, behind the bar, were absolutely amazing. They became my 2 week family!

Dear mws8130,
Thank you for making us your home for two weeks! It sounds like our staff took good care of you and I hope you also enjoyed some of the special little places in the area as well while you were here. There are some excellent restaurants and attractions just a short distance away.
I appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your experience, and I've thanked those you mentioned personally.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!
All my best,
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've stayed here a few times now, Great Staff, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are very clean and Fitness center was a little warm for running but has very nice treadmills. I will keep coming back.

Dear Dave F,
Thank you so much for the review. I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed our staff service and our brand new treadmills in the Fitness Center. We just added 3 new elliptical machines last week as well, so hope to see you again soon!
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed February 6, 2014

No Hot water, No internet service, Lousy Front desk help, no Bell captain ever available, How does this place expect to hold on to the Franchise? The Bathrooms are the size of a small closet, the rooms all have "modern" furniture that sits so low to the floor you'll think your in a Japanese restaurant. Do yourself a favor and do not make the mistake I have made by booking this hotel. The Hilton, Sheraton or Courtyards in the area will get my business in the future.

Room Tip: Book another Hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rik B, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Ramblinwreck13,
While I certainly apologize for the difficulties you encountered while staying with us, I do have to say I consider this review to be a bit unfair... As can be seen from the vast majority of previous reviews, we do not have ongoing internet or hot water issues. The duration of our water outage while you were here was less than 2 hours and the internet problem was an outside service provider that has also been addressed and corrected.
Furthermore, since we had only one guest come to us in the past 10 days with this combination of issues, and that guest also stated he was planning to write a review, I am relatively certain that we rebated one night's room charge to you as a gesture of goodwill. When our room service waiter tried to deliver my hand written apology with an amenity to your room, it was refused. "Avoid at All Costs" seems quite harsh in consideration of those facts...
I truly do hope you return at some future date and see that your recent visit was an exception to the norm.
Rik Blyth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Downtown / The Loop
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
#22 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!