Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
$139
Sheraton.com
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook(Northbrook)(Great Value!)
$78
$68
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

Hilton Northbrook(Northbrook)(Great Value!)
$108
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

Sybaris Northbrook(Northbrook)
$179
$71
$93
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$136
$120
Staybridge.com
$209
$103
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$119
All reviewsruth's chris steakhousenorth shorefront desk staffthe concierge loungepancettabotanical gardensedens expresswayfree parkingnorthwestern universitysmall bathroomon premiseslobby areabreakfast buffetnight's sleepfamily eventvery nice hotelmini fridge
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Let's start with the front desk, Thomas, gave us the most positive caring service that my husband and I had deep discussions with him. The shuttle drivers, Tony and Will, kept taking us and picking us up from the local mall and grocery store. One driver even said we didn't have to tip! Of course, we did. At night there was live music with Felix and Fingers (from American Idol). They played every request I could come up with. Meanwhile, Freddie the waitor, made me feel like a friend with his smile and attentative nature. I returned to the bar knowing that Freddie would serve me brought a smile to my face! Then we met Robert, in the concierge club, and he also was an excellent conversationalist that sparked my husband and my attention. This morning, I had breakfast in the restaurant, and Sharika (beautiful girl) served us like we were her personal guests at her house. The food was so gorgeous, I had the "northshore", and it appeared to be art on my plate. I had to tell Marco, the cheif how wonderful it tasted to. Also, the gym is great with enough equipment to mean business. This place inside is decorated so hip and cool that I feel like I'm in a upscale home with a good interiour decorator. We will be back because everything was fabolous!!!! Whomever reads this, give these employess some recognition because we practically live in hotels and we are dazzled and impressed!!!!! Thank you Renaissance hotel!!! We love you all!!!

Room Tip: We had a queen suite and it gave us plenty of room to work and sleep comfortably.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shannon y
Rik B, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear shannon y,
WOW! Thank you so much for the detailed report of your recent stay with us! As soon as I read it, I copied it and sent it out to all the staff members you mentioned, along with my thanks for a job well done.
It seems you had very positive interactions with many staff members and I am sure that is partly because you must be a gregarious and friendly person as well. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our newly remodeled lobby and lounge, as well as the live music we offer several nights per week.
Thanks again for all the kind comments and I do hope to meet you personally upon your return to the North Shore!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Took advantage of discounted pricing during the last stages of their remodeling on 7/3/12. This highrise property is in the near north Chicago suburbs, just off the interstate, convenient to Ravinia (music venue), the botanic gardens, great shopping at Northbrook/Old Orchard Malls, a Trader Joe's down the road and good restaurants nearby like the attached Ruth Chris's Steakhouse and Ron's of Japan. The small, unsupervised Business Center, in a secluded room behind a wall, had 2 free computers including free printing! The double queen room was fresh and spacious with wonderful beds, new flat screen, frig, ironing board etc. The concise reception area is remodeled in a modern style of lavender and metallics with self serve, free, morning coffee conveniently located next to the desk. Unfortunately, no included breakfast. Staff were young, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and advocated for me with their Marriott bosses to extend my discounted rate over the holiday. Property has a pool, but I did not go down to check it out. Always saw cabs waiting in their free parking lot. Nice alternative to more expensive properties downtown or in Evanston if you have a car and don't want to be forced to pay to $35-50 to park overnight (standard downtown now).

Room Tip: The lower the last digit of the room number, the more convenient it is to the elevator. Restrooms across from elevator bank. Parking lot can be very crowded at night near the restaurant/lobby areas, but head around the building to the back for plenty of space and a rear, main entrance into the same lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear VayKaySue,
Although you were here way back in July, it is nice that you shared your pleasant memories of your stay at this time. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, I was happy to see that they helped convince you to stay a little longer!
When you were here, our restaurant was closed for complete remodeling and re-theming. It is now open again and serving a totally new menu with Italian influences. I hope you are able to return again soon and see what improvements we've made while you were away!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is an updated, older hotel that shows it's age in areas like small bathrooms, "popcorn" ceilings etc, but it overcomes its challenges with cleanliness and friendly service. It's obvious highlight is the attached Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The rooms have new TVs and very comfortable bedding, but I was not a fan of the heavy, but rough "corduroy" style bath towels. Overall, an enjoyable stay, with no real complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Drinkwater11,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us.
Although we have "been around for awhile" our recent $9 million dollar renovation has really spruced up the guest rooms and lobby areas. The new beds have been a big hit and I was glad to see you enjoyed the TV's as well. A new linen and terry program has been rolled out by Renaissance recently and we are in the process of switching over our towel inventory at this time.
I hope you return to see the results!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is very elegant and spotlessly maintained. Rooms are beautiful, beds are wonderful. Big problem with hearing your neighbors. One night my wife and I were both woken up at 2 AM by the noise and laughing in the room next to us. After 30 minutes of this I called the front desk and complained. They said they would take care of it and in about 20 minutes I heard one of the men next door say "Someone called security on us" followed by a lady saying "Oh my G-d". They then left the room. The thing is that these last two comments were made at normal conversation level and I still heard them as if they were in my room. I spoke with other friends staying here and they said the same thing, that they could hear the people next door in normal conversation like they were in their room. No hotel should be built with acoustics and soundproofing this bad. Other problems: After we checked in we went to the only elevators we could see from the front desk, and could not find our room. We then found out from a chambermaid that there were two towers and we were in the wrong one so that we had to lug our luggage back down to the main floor, all the way across the hotel to the other end and up the elevators. A simple courtesy from the registration desk pointing us in the right direction would have been much appreciated. Lastly, two other people in our party asked for wake up calls and never received them. Other things you should know about this hotel; 1) If you are a Marriott Rewards member wi-fi is free. If you are not a member they charge you $9.95/day for wi-fi. 2) This hotel does not have an included breakfast, like for example the Hampton Inn has. 3) If you take a bottle of water sitting next to the TV, the charge is $3.50 per bottle.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cagey123

Dear Cagey123,
I appreciate that you took the time to relate your experiences during your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for disappointing you and for providing a sub-standard experience while you were here.
The only previous issues we've had regarding sound proofing is when there was a connecting door between rooms and a guest in one of those rooms was particularly noisy or had a TV on too loud. We've been able to address this by installing a foam insert between the doors when it is reported, I regret that option was not made available to you, possibly due to the time of night.
I do agree that the front desk agent should have made it more clear where the elevators for your room were located, I have brought this to the attention of the manager of that department to address with all of his staff.
In regards to our WiFi, providing it free to our Rewards members is only one of the many benefits of belonging to the program. Not only is it free to join, but the points you earn can be used for travel or merchandise. I do hope you joined while you were staying with us!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was staffed with a multitude of wonderful staff. They went far beyond the call of duty and for that I am writing a wonderful review. I have never reviewed a hotel before, because there has never been one that I have found worthy of scoring, but my recent visit to the Chicago North Shore was extra-ordinary and deems a star studded review. You will not be displeased by the service here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jules H,
Thank you for your very positive review and especially for recognizing the great staff here at the North Shore! I hope we have the priviledge of welcoming you back many times in the future...