“Better than expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
chicago
“Better than expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

One thing I look for in a hotel while traveling on business is cleanliness and a courteous staff. It is hard to find both under one roof so if that is what you are looking for, this is the place. The service is great, the people are accommodating, the rooms are spotless, and the food is good. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for a super nice place to stay while traveling.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I had a party of new and existing customers that where visiting our facility in Buffalo Grove Illinois. The Business Travel Sales Manager took care of every need of all of my clients and exceeded everyone’s expectation. The hotel staff was courteous and professional and the amenities where great. I would highly recommend this facility for any business need.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was in Chicago for business and witnessed the 3rd largest snowstorm in city history. Hotel was busy with other business travelers stranded with flight cancellations but met my needs as I worked from my room for two days. Front-desk was very responsive and made the snowed-in situation bearable. Thy even had their Mtce group dig my car out of the snow on the 3rd day.

I stay at this hotel a couple times a month and have come to appreciate its consistency from a quality and service standpoint. Employees are very helpful and friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Only one suggestion - if there would be any way to direct more heat from the living/area to the bedroom - with only one vent and the door open, it can get a bit cool, but the amount of covers was wonderful.

Loved our stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Shelby Township, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I don't think I have ever had a great hotel stay when travelling for business - until this time. I highly recommend Crowne Plaza (Northbrook, IL). What an awsome staff, comfortable room and easy access to the places I needed to be. Stayed for a full week while working in one of our facilities. After long hours at the office, I anticipated going back to the hotel for the eveing nearly as much as if I were going to my own home. The price was more reasonable than most sub-standard hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have never personally stayed overnight at this hotel, however, I am the Customer Service Supervisor of an FBO at an airport that is in close proximity to this hotel and I send several of my customers here on a nightly basis. The happiness of my customers is of the utmost importance to me and I would never send them somewhere that I did not think was above standard across the board. While I have never stayed overnight myself, I have visited the hotel on many different occasions and can vouch for the fact that it is quiet, clean, safe, affordable, and has an overall good atmosphere. The restaurant has excellent food at a reasonable price and is a great place to catch some dinner if you don't feel like venturing out off of hotel property. The staff is very friendly and their shuttle service is expedient and readily available. This is a great hotel to stay at if you're in town for business or if you want to stay near the downtown area without having to pay the downtown hotel prices. Off all the flight crews I've ever sent to stay overnight at the Crowne, I have never had one complaint. Many of the crews that fly in frequently request to stay at the Crowne every time they come in. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wanted to come stay in the Chicagoland area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

We have customers stay at this hotel all the time. I have nothing but the best to say about this hotel facility and staff. Our customers that stay here are delighted with the rooms and staff. The rooms have been recently updated and are very inviting. They include free internet also. There is a free cocktail hour from 5-7 with appetizers while you are staying at the hotel also. In the last snow storm, the staff even shoveled one of our customers out of their parking lot...what service! We would recommend this hotel to anyone with confidence. it is a Hidden Gem.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago North
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!