“Very relaxing and inviting room”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
“Very relaxing and inviting room”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I was greeted and checked in quickly with a couple of different options as a bonus. I chose the points over the free drink. Sadly, I wasn't offered breakfast coupons as was indicated on the app during reservation. I didn't miss it, nor was I planning on eating there in the morning. But I did read other reviews about the same problem.

The room, across from the Presidential Suite, was excellent. The bedding absolutely spoiled me. I didn't want to get up in the morning. The only issue with the room was an Ethernet port that didn't work. The wifi was fine, but I do prefer a wired connection when possible.

While this is an older building, it has been well maintained. Some of the luster has worn off of the chandeliers, but the bar was clean, had good drinks and decent food. For this very tired traveller, I appreciated not having to venture out into Chicago traffic for a beer and a bite.

Stayed August 2014
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel, and we appreciate your comments on the Ethernet cord and Breakfast Coupon - we will look into that with our leadership team. Thanks again for your comments & we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a good hotel, the staff are friendly, helpful and courteous and the hotel has a fair few amenities:

Check in - speedy and hassle free - just what you need after a long flight.
Shuttle bus service - very useful and made my life very easy.
Rooms - are a good size and the bed was very comfortable, Shower was a bit cool on it a couple of times but had a good blast out of it anyway. Nice big tv in the room and a nice sized sofa to relax on.
Sleep - I didn't hear a thing outside my room and it was lights out as soon as I put the head down.
Pool - didn't jump in but it was popular and looked fairly decent.
Restaurant - for breakfast it was excellent, a good variety and everything to perfection. I only had dinner once and it was tasty, not sure value wise but I'd eat there again no problem.
Pub - a fair enough bar, entertainment most nights and the team running it were good and friendly.
Check out - asked for a late one - no problem - sorted in a sentence by the lady behind the desk.

I don't know much about the surrounding area but from what I seen there was the usual shops; bars; restaurants nearby ... not a bad spot overall.

If I was going back to Northbrook I was stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rokan72
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we are excited about all the great comments you had to share. We take pride in making sure all our guests have a fun and memorable stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you at the Crowne Plaza Northbrook again in the future!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed here for a few days recently for a conference. Staff was great, breakfast was excellent. Tony in the restaurant was great - hard working, professional and friendly and took good care of me. The daytime restaurant hostess (cant remember her name) was also very pleasant and professional. Front desk staff and Carlos the concierge were friendly and helpful as well. The room was great - quiet and peaceful and the bed was quite comfortable - recommend staying on the 7th floor. Free wifi was a nice touch. Nice pool and tiki bar area as well. Only minor negative was that shuttle service catered to "corporate" guests until evening so I was not able to get a shuttle one day but I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: 7th floor is very quiet floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MDHRichVA
Thank you for your comments on the hotel - we are excited you enjoyed your stay and the property. Thank you as well for the feedback on the shuttle - we apologize for the difficulties you encountered and will look into that further. Thanks again for your comments!
Cary, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I tried to go to the gift shop on a Sunday afternoon. The posted hours say open til 12:30 PM, but when I walked in at 12:05 I was I formed that they were closed. I had to plead with the woman to let me but a swimsuit for my son. Five minutes later we realized he needed goggles too, so I went right back, still before the posted 12:30 closing time. This time the counter woman was all bad attitude and condescension, really ridiculous. How dare I disturb her closing process, even though it's still suppose to be open? And as I was walking out, she mutters something insulting under her breath to top off my experience there. What this whole 15 minute encounter tells me is that the customer service culture at Crowne Plaza is quite poor -- you'd never catch a Hilton employee daring to act like this. Never. So if your travels ever bring you to Northbrook, avoid this place and got to the Hilton next door.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your feedback - I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. While the gift shop is a great amenity for our guests, it is a stand alone business that works in conjunction with the hotel. With that said, we still expect the same level of customer service from our partners as you would expect from our direct staff. I truly apologize, and will share your feedback to ensure corrections are made. Thank you again for your feedback - Safe Travels.
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was my first time at this property and I will definitely return when I am on the north side for business. The staff was super friendly and the rooms were great. I was upgraded to a room with a balcony which was nice. I had a great dinner there and the breakfast buffet was one of the best buffet's I have had at a hotel

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Louis K
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for the great comments on the hotel - we work hard to ensure all of our guests have a great experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay & look forward to seeing you again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Northbrook on Milwaukee after our wedding at The Grove Redfield Estate (about 10 minutes south). We worked with Margo. She was organized and confirmed all the details well in advance of our big day. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The shuttle service was on time. Each guest also received a complimentary breakfast coupon which was nice bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for making Crowne Plaza Northbrook a part of your special day! We appreciate the great comments, and that you took the time to share them! We are excited everything went great and you had a wonderful day!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here for a work conference for a few days and the overall all stay was pretty good. We received breakfast & lunch, and both were pretty good. The coffee was not. The sleep number beds were not very comfortable. However the shuttle bus driver, Dave was excellent! He gave us great directions and recommendations for downtown. The shuttle does get busy during the afternoon/early evening and we were forced to pay for a taxi on one night. The gift shop was also never open. The pool area is very nice with a tiki bar.

Room Tip: I would stay away from fhe bar, karaoke can get loud!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate the great comments on the staff, and I apologize for the areas you experienced some difficulties in - I will work with the leadership team to ensure we make corrections in those areas of opportunity. Thanks for staying with us, and also for your comments! Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!