“Nice Hotel With a Classic Feel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice Hotel With a Classic Feel”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Northbrook for one night during a business trip. The hotel is older, but has a classic feel to it. The staff are very friendly and were extremely helpful during my stay. The hotel restaurant is ok, but, again, the staff were great. They had karoke going while I had a couple of drinks and that was entertaining to watch. The exercise facility is nice with several machines including weight machines and plenty of room to workout. Better yet, there is a park across the street with hiking trials that give a very interesting jog. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DePassiago
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thanks for the great comments on your stay! We are excited you enjoyed the hotel and the staff was responsive to your needs! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on business and it surpassed expectations. Service was great, all staff are friendly and welcoming, the room was cleaned to perfection and very well sized. The room service was good quality and served extremely quickly. The "sleep number" bed confused the life outta me but it was very very comfortable!!

The FREE SHUTTLE WITHIN 5 MILES is fantastic service and one I made use of daily.

Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are thrilled you had a great stay and enjoyed the property! Have a Great Day!
evansvillle
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a confirmed reservation for a room with 2 queen beds. They overbooked and only had a room with one king bed and a pull out sofa. Not acceptable for three people. Pull out is horrible.

The thermostat has a MOTION SENSOR and it faces the entryway. After 6 minutes the air shuts off and won't restart until you walk up to the thermostat. Very annoying during the da and unbearable at night. Imagine waking up hot and being required to get out of bed and walk over the door. Again, it shuts off in 6 minutes.

I called for assistance. A repairman arrived very quickly. He replaced a relay but we still had the same issue.

What next? Coin operated thermostats.

Also, WiFi cuts out constantly.

On the positive side, it was the Best hotel
Breakfast I have ever eaten.

• Stayed April 2014
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments - I am excited you enjoyed the breakfast. We get a lot of great comments on the WIllows restaurant at the Crowne Plaza. I also want to apologize for the difficulties you experienced in your room with the energy management system. I will ensure our Chief Engineer reviews your guestroom in detail to ensure everything is working as it should be - I apologize for the difficulties you experienced and appreciate you bringing them to our attention. Thank you again for sharing your comments and feedback!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Basically a pretty ordinary and fairly run down motel boasting a few little upgrades that often do not work like their sleep number beds. Rooms old and tired, bathrooms cramped and basic. Overall OK for one business night but not what it pretends to be.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments & feedback - We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay for the evening you were here on business, and apologize for the overall feeling you had of the property. The staff and management of the Crowne Plaza work hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. Thank you again for sharing your comments & feedback on the property & we apologize for the difficulties you experienced.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I just spent 8 nights at this hotel to attend a convention. During my entire stay I was met with outstanding customer service and a comfortable well-cleaned room at ALL times! I truly can't say enough about the customer service. However, I never had any issues to complain about. Everyone was perfect from the concierge, front desk and maid service. The food in the restaurant was GREAT and very well priced. If I had to mention one negative, it was the slow service at the evening meal. However, we were a fairly large convention and I don't believe they were staffed well enough during that time. Breakfast and lunch provided excellent food and service. The "sleep number" beds were extremely comfortable. Also loved having a refrigerator and microwave in our room. The pool was an outdoor pool, so that was a bit of a disappointment as we had hoped to have spent time in a hot tub. Overall, I can't say enough GOOD things about this hotel and it's staff. Very conveniently located with FREE use of their hotel shuttle to go to restaurants/shopping within a 5 mile radius of the hotel....another awesome perk! KUDOS Crowne Plaza Northbrook. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: I was in the middle of the 3rd floor....very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SparkyLAFS
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments - we are thrilled you had such a great time during your convention! Thank you for your great feedback on the staff and the facilities and we look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon!
Coquitlam
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've experienced the following problems with this hotel:
First, the noise in the room (on 2nd floor), disturbs the night's sleep. Noise is coming from 2 sources: from the kitchen (starts at 5am) and from the ancient air conditioning system in the room.
Second, when checking out, I asked the receptionist to call a taxi. Instead of taxi, she called a limousine service, so it costed me extra 20 bucks to get to the airport.
The rest was okay. The room was clean, the breakfast (included) was decent, and the lunch/dinner was good too, and not overpriced.
The location of the hotel is not the best: it's isolated from everything, you can't get anywhere without a car. No shops, no restaurants in the walking distance.

Room Tip: 1) Ask for a room on a higher floor (to avoid kitchen noise waking you up at 5am) 2) If you need a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I am glad to see you enjoyed the hotel, and I apologize for the shuttle arrangements - I will share that feedback with the front office staff. I also appreciate your comments on the noise - I will have engineering look at that guestroom in more detail to see if there is anything we can do to limit those sounds. Thanks again for your feedback!
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were there for a family event held mostly at the hotel and it was snowing pretty much non-stop during that weekend. So we spent 90 percent of our time in the hotel and it did not disappoint.

You can count on an extremely friendly, efficient wait staff in the restaurant and at the front desk. Beds are Sleep Number beds so they can be adjusted to your comfort level and they are queen-size in a two-bed room, which was greatly appreciated.

Banquet and ballrooms are lovely; the banquet food was delicious. The hotel is large, but is laid out very well with two distinct wings that are easy to navigate.

I have only two complaints: 1) the entrance area of the guest room where the closet is is very dark. They need an overhead light or a wall sconce there because it's definitely hard to see what's in the closet. 2) The pillows, in my opinion, are very uncomfortable, but I was the only one in my family who thought so.

Overall, a terrific experience. Just bring your own pillow and use the flashlight app on your phone while standing at the closet---;-) --and you'll really enjoy it there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments! We love that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the Crowne Plaza Chicago Northbrook to be a great place! I also appreciate your feedback on the closets and pillows - I will look into those! Thank you for staying with us & we look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!