“Excellent with only minor issues.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook

Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Malta, Illinois
“Excellent with only minor issues.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here as part of a 3 day conference. Overall, the staff was kind, the rooms were comfortable and fairly soundproof, and I really enjoyed my stay. A few minor things: used the business center, where one of 3 computers was not usable (not turned on) and on the second of 3, I attempted to print a page for a presentation, but the printer was out of ink. Other small issues: smeared dirt on the light switch, a few odd circular impressions on my wall (as though someone forcefully poked something into it) and a pink stain on the bathroom counter. Excepting the light switch, all surfaces, including the tub/shower were exceptionally clean. Finally, good food in the restaurant, but kind of pricy, and the service was very slow. Wait staff was kind, though, and it may be an organizational issue. Even with these minor things, I would stay again with no qualms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Alma_E2875, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post these thoughtful observations about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Chicago Northbrook. It is critical for us to receive this kind of feedback from our guests, so that we can continually have the opportunity to evaluate our service and make improvements when needed. I apologize for the business center issue your encountered. We thank you for your feedback and will use this to further improve our services. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I frequent this hotel several times a month and have never been disappointed. Check-in, room service, bar and breakfast are all staffed by courteous and professional staff. Rooms are clean and beds are vert comfortable - could use a few more plugs bedside though. If your staying in the Northbrook area the Crowne Plaza is the best and only place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TUSR84D
Please accept our sincerest thanks for your gracious acknowledgement of our staff, hotel and cuisine! To be considered your favorite Chicago hotel is certainly an amazing compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay next month. Thank you for your review.
Warm regards,
Sunshine State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

From the courteous and comfortable shuttle ride, to the check-in process, to the prompt and delicious room service, to the superbly comfortable, clean, all-around awesome room, I loved every moment of being at this hotel.
I was stuck in Chicago because of flight/weather complications, and the airline sent us here, and at first I was worried it would be bad because there were so many of us sent here from the airport, and I thought I would get a bad room, but it was beautiful! I am so glad the airline chose this hotel, and if I ever come back to Chicago, I'll remember to stay at this place. I didn't even care about getting home a day later - I would have loved to stay at this hotel longer. I'll remember it for a long time, tell my grandkids about the delicious Reuben sandwich that was delivered to my room in about 10 minutes on a Sat. night and the nice little scented lotions placed on the comfy bed, and yep, I was a happy camper here. Excellent staff without exception, excellent hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is such a compliment when a guest has enjoyed their stay so much that they are inspired to write a review. We are delighted to read your kind remarks regarding the personalized service from our staff as well as how much you appreciated the luxurious amenities and thoughtful touches we provide. We certainly enjoy creating a positive experience for each of our guests, I hoep your grandkids enjoy the story about the delicious Reuben sandwich. Hearing that your stay exceeded your expectations makes us very happy. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us and please come and visit with us soon at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Northbrook.

Warm regards,
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The breakfast and lunch buffets were wonderful - everything tasty and hot. The hotel shuttle will take you anywhere you want to go within 5 miles. They took 10 of us to dinner at a great restaurant the hotel even suggested.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
What a pleasure for us to read such a wonderful comment. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It means a world for the teams. We look forward to welcming you back at the Crowne Plaza Northbrook in the near future.

MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very nice, clean, well run hotel north of Chicago. It is convenient when visiting Northwestern University. Quiet area, easy to get to and from. It is a good deal if booking through sites where you don't know the hotel name ahead of time. The only thing missing is a "free" breakfast which is hard to find in good hotels in this area. We have stayed there several times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
We truly appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and would like to Thank You for your visit and the review posted. We really hope to be able to welcome you again at our property, should your travels bring you to Chicago.
honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel I am from Hawaii there is a lot of great hospitality there but I was very surprised with the rooms were nice the breakfast buffet has a large range of food from everything you want to eat even healthy.
This is what blew my mind was they have a shuttle bus driver you can schedule where you want to go with the front desk and what time the shuttle will take you there and pick you up come on there isn't service like that anywhere I know.
for free!! Of course you want to give the guy a tip but its unreal!
I can guarantee you will be very satisfied and the price is super reasonable!

Room Tip: If you go to Chicago Id go there again if you want to go down town there a train you can catch abou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank darren t
Alma_E2875, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Darren,
Aloha! Thank you for your recommendation. The staff at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Northbrook strives to provide each and every guest with an experience that surpasses their expectations, and we are very happy to read that your stay was no exception. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service and that we were able to accommodate your transportation needs. We hope to have the opportunity to be your first choice when you visit Chicago again.

Kind Regards,
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great place to stay. The hotel is located to the clients that I need to work with. The hotel has a free shuttle service that can bring its customer to nearby restaurants and malls. Friendly staff all over the hotel! I will definitely come back when I have another business trip in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alma_E2875, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you very much for the review of our property. We appreciate your feedback on the quality of your experience with us. I am pleased that you had a good experience with our staff! I am glad to hear that our shuttle service was able to assist with your travel needs while meeting with clients. On behalf of our entire team, we want to thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook.

Kind Regards,
Guest Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago North

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!