“Exceptional Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Charlotte
“Exceptional Hotel”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I travel every week and am a picky business traveler but this hotel exceeded my expectations. I was sitting one morning, having breakfast and noticed a pleasant female employee in the lobby. She was interacting with a large group of individuals, who I later found out were her clients. She demonstrated a sincere caring attitude and you could tell she was well respected. When I walked by her, she stopped me to ask if I was enjoying my stay. Her name is Arlene and she works in the Sales Department. Even though I was not one of her clients from a large group, she genuinely wanted to make sure I was pleased with the hotel. She has surely mastered customer service. I work for a large Healthcare organization and will be recommending our travel department contact her directly for group events since we have a large presence in the Chicago suburbs. What a wonderful way to start the morning. I never noticed anyone else on the other mornings though.
I enjoyed the 7th floor which is the Quiet Zone - nice for those who do not want the college kids or marching bands on the floor. Ryan, at the front desk, chose the perfect room for me.
I am usually not a fan of hotel restaurants but ordered food one evening from the lounge and it exceeded my expectations.
I ate breakfast in the restaurant each morning and Robinson was my server. I was always greeted with a smile and on my last day he wheeled my luggage to the lobby. What a wonderful surprise.
As you can tell, it is the little things that count. I will return to this hotel and of course recommend it to my fellow employees.

Room Tip: 7th floor is the quiet zone
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FanofRome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Louisville, KY
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had two problems with this hotel, and really think it was 3.5 territory. I rounded up after further thought and convincing myself that the issues were smaller than my gut reaction. The first problem is that the lighting wasn't great in the room. In fact, it was rather poor. Between that and just being a little drab through the hallway and to the door, my recollection was biased a little negatively. Also, the sleep number beds were a nice touch, but I could not get mine to adjust, so I slept on a rock hard bed. (Note: I have one at home, so I don't think it was user error, but ?).

On the upside, the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the bar was good. The internet seemed to work well. The bar featured friendly and efficient bartenders and servers, as well as a lively atmosphere (it was karaoke night, so not sure how much that contributed).

Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staying at hotel tonight for work function. Great location to start with. large lobby, large dining area, and large bar with plenty of TVs. Hospitality room for our reception was very nice, food was great and the staff was terrific. Room is very large with large bathroom, large closet, desk, couch, table, big TV, etc. VERY COMFORTABLE. I'm very happy with this hotel choice! Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Northbrook, IL
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had an opportunity to stay here overnight from Thursday to Friday. I couldn't have been better. The staff was not only pleasant but so accomodating. They couldn't have been niced or more attentive. We needed a couple of extra chairs in our room and they were brought up immediately with a smile. The dining room expeience was also excellent. We were not terrible hungry for dinner so just ordered a salad and a club sandwich. The food was also excellent.

Room Tip: We had a room called a Suite but I didn't really feel it was a suite since it was only 1 room bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Northbrook, IL courtesy American Airlines as a Distressed Passenger - flew from Hong Kong to Chicago and then was on a connecting flight to Boston. But because of the inclement weather and heavy snow, stayed at a crowne plaza.

Front Desk staff (sorry missed the lady's name - starting with O) was great - she arranged shuttle from airport to hotel and warmly greeted at front desk during checkin. Rooms were clean and cozy and breakfast / dinner was good. Overall I found the staff very receptive and nice.

My 2 days stay was good and I got thru my Jetlag smoothly !

Strongly recommend this hotel !!!

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2013

From the time my friends and I checked in and enjoyed the friendliness of the young woman behind the desk, throughout the entire time we were there, the courtesy and kindness of every single employee we came across was amazing. So rare today to find such a pleasant and helpful staff without a single exception. Room was spacious and clean, bar was hopping and fun with a nice bar menu reasonably priced and the restaurant was pleasant and accommodating. But the staff was what put the experience over the top and the reason we return. Congratulations to the management for their well met expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I moved here after being dissatisfnied with a different hotel in the area. We found the Crowne Plaza to be an excellent hotel. A good size room with all of the furnishings that are required for a few days stay. Large room, dresser with four large drawers, comfortable bed, refrigerator, microwave. Excellent wireless internet without extra charge. Friendly staff.
The breakfast was adequate but not any better.
This is my favorite hotel in this area. Will definitly return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!