“Great Place to stay... Awesome Staff”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Planning meetings for our 6 state Sales Team can be difficult, but working with the staff at the Crowne Plaza Northbrook has been great. I have worked with Rachel for hotel stays and Kelly for catering and room rentals both have been amazing to work with. The Hotel rooms are newly remodeled and the conference rooms are great. The AV department and the restaurant staff are great too! It's nice to have such a friendly group that can accomodate my ever changing needs! Thanks and we will see you back in August!

Midwest Regional Sales Manager

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook

Reviewed July 23, 2011

These are the comments of a Platinum Priority Club member who is unashamedly critical of anything less than good service.

I have been here 6 nights on business. The hotel ticks all the boxes for features but just does not quite get there on the intangibles that make a difference. I suspect it is a management issue and they usually start at the top and work their way down.

On the up side, this is a busy hotel that was full or near full the whole time I was there and that in itself removes incentive to do better as you can't improve many of the measurable KPI's when you are running at capacity most of the time. The place works and works effectively on a functional basis. It is neat, clean, tidy and relatively quiet. The rooms are good sized and well maintained. To there credit, most guests would not have been aware that they lost 24 rooms last night due to local flooding from a deluge in the small hours of this morning. Operationally this hotel works well.

On the downside there is very little attention to personal service, I saw no real attempt to get to know me as a guest from anyone other than the week-day bar staff (arrrh the tip incentive was at work there) despite being there 6 nights. On the Saturday night I witnessed a bar staff telling a customer in the bar that menu items off the room service menu were not available in the bar. When I questioned that I was told that "he didn't make the rules". I broached the matter later with the duty manager who told me it had been attended to and the customer got his Pizza but then the duty manager tried to justify the original decision from the staff bar staff. Sorry, when managers try to justify bad service it is not a good sign.

This is a good hotel, doubtless you could do a lot worse in the area but they could be a lot better and all they need is an attitude adjustment that would cost them nothing.

Next trip I will use the Crowne Plaza just down the I-294 at O'Hare. it is all together a better run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed over for a couple of days for nearby wedding and found a used article for "relations" in the sheets after being there for a night or two. This was not from us and found it horribly disturbing that they hadn't changed the sheets after the previous guests. We informed the hotel staff who expressed minimal remorse. Before finding this mishap we did enjoy the daily breakfast, but not enough to return- I wouldn't wish our experience on anyone else. Nor could I recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear Matt3862,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience with the Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago-Northbrook. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.

The poor service you described during your stay is not a common occurence at our hotel. Our efforts to improve the hotel are ongoing, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Myrna Molina
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of weeks on business. Great rooms and wireless. Front of house staff very friendly. Bar staff very welcoming. Breakfast staff could do with learning from their colleagues! Breakfast is ok but the bar food and room service food were very good and good value. Good pool area but a little cold to get use of. Will use again due to location and great rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a very good business class hotel if you have business in the Northern Suburbs. Chicagoland traffic is brutal, so you should always stay close to your destination.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I cannot say enough nice things about the Crown Plaza in Northbrook. The room was clean, quiet and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The complimentary hot breakfast in the hotel restaurant was excellent. The front desk & shuttle driver bent over backwards to get me to and from the company I was visiting. I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Great food.
Great location.
Great transportation.
Great staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Staybridge Suites Glenview

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!