“great deli”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was not expecting to find this nice gem, while in Northbrook. Big deli selection and great looking bakery of which I did not partake, but was certainly tempted. We had breakfast there and it was really good. Nice and friendly service and everyone's food came out looking and tasting great.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the best deli restaurant west of New York. Great corned beef, fried chicken, and skirt steak. We just arrived from AZ and made a beeline for the restaurant. Took home some Nova for breakfast as usual. Will be back within a week.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I live way south of Chicago, so I don't get up here very often. When I do it is always great. We love the egg bagels, tried the whole grain for the first time this trip and the flavor was amazing! I took a dozen home and the girls have been enjoying them! Also had a salt bagel, a little to much salt for me, but you rarely find these in Chicago so I scraped some off and enjoyed! I love the extra lean pastrami, the flavor is great, hot or cold, the only thing I don't love is the price! So I only took a half pound home, the price was outrageous. Great family place to dine!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just like NY deli was , but is no longer. Excellent food. Crowded at lunch, but worth the wait! Sunday AM is impossible.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Max and Bennie's is in my opinion a very ordinary deli. The food can be described as the same as you'll find in countless other places. The service is nothing special either. There are so many other better places to eat on the North Shore. I simply can't recommend this place.