“Great Traditional Deli”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just like NY deli was , but is no longer. Excellent food. Crowded at lunch, but worth the wait! Sunday AM is impossible.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Max and Bennie's is in my opinion a very ordinary deli. The food can be described as the same as you'll find in countless other places. The service is nothing special either. There are so many other better places to eat on the North Shore. I simply can't recommend this place.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Everything you would expect from a deli. Great wait staff, classic foods and a real deli counter. One bonus star for carrying halavah.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Lots of choices on the menu. I tend to order an old favorite, pastrami. Just the right ratio of lean to fat, piled on dark rye. The soups are excellent, large servings, and filling. My favorite are navy bean and the sweet and sour cabbage. The curly fries are worth a calorie splurge. This is a family place. often we see 3 generations dining together. There is also a bakery and deli for take out and catering. Extensive breakfast selections. And gluten free choices. If my waistline could stand it, I would eat here more often.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

During a recent family visit to Chicagoland my wife and I had lunch at Max & Benny's. As former New Yorkers, we have a high standard for Jewish deli and we were not disappointed at this Northbrook eatery. The atmosphere is strip-mall casual and the service was friendly and efficient. We tried out some classics. My cabbage soup had a very good sweet and sour taste, but the broth was a bit thin. My wife's mushroom barley soup was also tasty but was too thick. However, the generous order of nova lox was excellent and was served with a nice chewy bagel and cream cheese (a bit skimpy). Portions are generous and the price reasonable for the quality.