“Limited Menu”
Review of Prairie Grass Cafe

Prairie Grass Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Prairie Grass Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We started with the Potato Leak Soup, which was outstanding. It was creamy, flavorful and rich. That in itself was very filling. My wife had the Crispy Chicken, which she enjoyed. The white meat was a bit dry, but the dark meat was excellent. She loved the squash that came with the chicken, but did not like the wild rice. I had the burger which was very good. Overall the meal was good, but nothing stood out.
The main room is very nice, it has a nice lively vibe. Service was superb.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I don't often go to Prairie Grass Cafe, even though I work just down the road from them, but I have had the occasion to dine there twice in the last month. At least in terms of their lunch menu, it is fairly limited, though the two selections I had - a pasta dish and their burger - are both very tasty. They do, though, need to make sure to follow diner requests completely - when I order a burger with no veggies, that includes the grill-roasted onion they stuck on the top, permeating the food with its flavor. I would probably go back, simply because of its proximity to the office, and it is a decent enough restaurant to frequent, but I personally just didn't find it to be anything out of the ordinary that would make me want to go back on my own volition - especially when there are many other great restaurants in the Northbrook/Highland Park area.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

I was told this was a terriffic restaurant. I wasn't bad. It jusr was not as good as I was led to expect. Three of us went for dinner recently. We had the Ahi Tuna seared rare...It was definitely rare but it was also still frozen in the center. That was a bit too rare for our taste. One other in the group had the phyllo strudel filled with vegetables. The filo dough was a commercial product basted with butter as would be expected. The mixture of vegetables was bland and overcooked. The third in our group ordered the sauteed Lake Superior whitefish with mashed potatoes and sauteed broccoli. As he said when he ordered it. It is had to mess up mashed potatoes and broccoli. He pronounce the white fish tasty. With entrees averaging 27.00 we all agreed none of us would rush back to the
Prairie Grass Cafe

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch there today split the turkey burger and Asian salad
Turkey burger tasteless even with grilled onion , bun was Jewel quality
Asian salad needed work no Asian vegetables no bok choy no pea pods only peanuts and lettuce
Only good thing was warm French bread

Reviewed August 3, 2017

Well, this is a good restaurant, but if you can go on Wednesday, they have 1/2 price burgers and they are great. The bun is optional, but it isn't needed, the burger, grilled onion and tomato are fine without a bun. The burgers are so good, haven;t eaten much else.

2  Thank Hlondon99